If Biggie Smalls were still with us, today he would have been 43 years old. The influence of the rapper is still seen throughout rap to this day, and it's hard to imagine just what he could have accomplished if he hadn't met his senseless death back in 1997.
Over the past 5 years, Danny Brown has made his insane rap style appeal to a massive audience. Through strategic collaborations and, let's face it, good music, Brown has gone from the mixtape circuit to become one of the biggest rappers in the game.
Yesterday, we were given further confirmation that a collaborative album from Jay Z and Beyonce was on its way, so in honor of Throwback Thursday, we've decided to revisit one of the couple's very first musical collaborations.Following the 2002 Tupac-sampling
XXL Freshmen flop all of the time. They're sort of like first round draft picks in that sense. But what happened to Charles Hamilton after he graced the 2009 cover was a different story entirely: the man all but dropped off the face of the earth.
Jay Z is sometimes looked at as something of a late bloomer, and releasing his debut album at 26 certainly makes it seem that way. The truth is though, Jay was rapping for quite a while before that, and one of his first television appearances came in 1990.
Back in 2011 Young Thug was just another Atlanta rapper working to make a name for himself in this game. He had yet to break out with songs like "Stoner" and "Danny Glover," and he'd yet to link with his Rich Gang buddies Birdman and Rich Homie Quan.
"Peso" is barely five years old, but given the untimely death of A$AP Mob's Yams, it seemed appropriate to throwback to "Peso," where we had one of our first glimpses at the crew Rocky rolled with, including Yams (who actually gets a shout out in the track al
Fabolous is planning to take fans back to the '90s with his upcoming album The Young OG Project, due out on Christmas day. With the '90s era of hip-hop sitting heavy in his mind, we got Loso to reel off his top five reasons on why he loves the '90s.
If you're on HNHH daily you've probably seen DJ Khaled YMCMB Savior beg us at least once to put a DJ Khaled throwback this week. He was really persistent, even other commenters started asking on his behalf, so we obliged.
Here's a good way to celebrate Throwback Thursday. Today Noisey has unearthed some previously unreleased handwritten poetry from the legendary Tupac, written before his rise to fame, when he was just 17-years old.
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God0 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape4,949 Views40 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album16,816 Views128 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon9,249 Views45 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again5,435 Views25 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations5,839 Views14 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,093 Views25 Comments
- PayPal Ordered To Re-Pay $15 Million For Scamming Customers8,274 Views0 Comments
- Flavor Flav Arrested On DUI & Possession Charges11,256 Views29 Comments
- Biggie Tracks To Commemorate His 43rd Birthday4,075 Views18 Comments
- Is Meek Mill Dropping A Mixtape Next Month?22,469 Views44 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A"39,979 Views186 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Dizzy Wright (May/June)3,062 Views6 Comments
- 2014-15 All-NBA Teams Announced1,939 Views0 Comments
- New Drake & Beyonce Collaboration "Can I" Leaks Online37,173 Views69 Comments