While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
- Rap Industry Recap: March715 Views3 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 2,340 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?10,215 Views43 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title18,720 Views57 Comments
- First Week Numbers For Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt10,710 Views27 Comments
- OVO Is Opening A Pop-Up Store In L.A. 5,036 Views20 Comments
- Forbes' 2015 "Hip-Hop Cash Princes" Include Migos, Young Thug, YG & More14,289 Views34 Comments
- Quiz: Are You Wiz Khalifa Or Ty Dolla $ign?10,904 Views24 Comments
- 10 Rappers We Want To See Live With The Roots3,051 Views16 Comments
- Ciara Shares Artwork For "Jackie"13,407 Views23 Comments
- Top-10 Vines From Monday Night In The NBA933 Views0 Comments
- Migos Announce "Young Rich Nation" Tour With OG Maco3,382 Views12 Comments
- Contest: Win Jarren Benton Tickets + Meet & Greet500 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber's Next Album Will Have Production From Kanye West & Rick Rubin10,210 Views38 Comments
- Stream Shlohmo's New Album "Dark Red"2,268 Views6 Comments