T.I. has been neglecting to pay his taxes, and Uncle Sam has taken notice. According to the Daily Mail, the IRS filed a pair of liens against the King of the South totaling $4.5 million.
While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test200 Views3 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"638 Views0 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness1,959 Views5 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed2,000 Views21 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party2,900 Views25 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season1,364 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"2,724 Views11 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs4,763 Views22 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"2,182 Views10 Comments
- Stream The Weeknd's New Album "Beauty Behind The Madness"21,536 Views92 Comments
- A Man On Facebook Is Looking To Trade His Yeezy Boosts For A Functioning Kidney12,970 Views0 Comments
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At 2015 MTV VMAs 5,156 Views38 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Outkast's "ATLiens"3,977 Views20 Comments
- Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger Kings34,523 Views88 Comments
- Adidas And Derrick Rose Officially Unveil His New Signature Sneaker, The D Rose 63,984 Views0 Comments