While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"52,716 Views249 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss28,117 Views51 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 23,319 Views3 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal74,332 Views186 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release7,378 Views73 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 10,326 Views64 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students2,106 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 20159,350 Views25 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter7,940 Views24 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike2,944 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"7,932 Views16 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets12,560 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight14,764 Views41 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release11,078 Views28 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: A$AP Rocky Vs. ScHoolboy Q14,036 Views38 Comments
You may also like...
- JMSN "Need U" Video158 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting3,342 Views
- Miguel "Crazy Enough" Documentary861 Views