While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show1,051 Views3 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."1,452 Views4 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Scores First Number One Record6,954 Views53 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For A$AP Rocky & Boosie Badazz6,884 Views80 Comments
- Lil B Is Now Targeting LeBron James And The Cleveland Cavaliers1,964 Views0 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Addresses Rita Ora Lyrics On "A.L.L.A."12,132 Views17 Comments
- NXNE Festival Defends Action Bronson Against Petition Claiming He "Glorifies Rape"3,072 Views11 Comments
- Migos Unveil The Cover Art For "YRN: Tha Album"6,552 Views39 Comments
- Chicago's Jimmy Butler Took A 75% Pay Cut To Leave Adidas For Jordan Brand3,899 Views0 Comments
- Dizzy Wright's Turn-Up Essentials Playlist1,382 Views7 Comments
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award10,734 Views96 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 8,908 Views34 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour1,140 Views9 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"5,871 Views21 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP1,451 Views8 Comments
You may also like...