It's definitely a familiar story, at this point you could insert many a rapper name into this headline and the result would be similar. Today the latest hip-hop artist to be targeted by Uncle Sam is none other than pastor Mase.
T.I. has been neglecting to pay his taxes, and Uncle Sam has taken notice. According to the Daily Mail, the IRS filed a pair of liens against the King of the South totaling $4.5 million.
Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
- Jeezy Is Dropping An EP Today2,175 Views20 Comments
- DJ Premier Announces Solo Album Featuring Nas, Dr. Dre & More1,808 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems12,406 Views75 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival7,971 Views27 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition6,094 Views19 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)4,960 Views13 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye28,748 Views94 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far19,474 Views130 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay28,960 Views132 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie5,027 Views39 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"36,449 Views163 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram5,324 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum6,982 Views38 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs10,931 Views36 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke10,583 Views49 Comments
You may also like...
- Roy Wood$ "Jealousy" Video3,066 Views