T.I. has been neglecting to pay his taxes, and Uncle Sam has taken notice. According to the Daily Mail, the IRS filed a pair of liens against the King of the South totaling $4.5 million.
Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
- Jay Rock's "90059" Dropping Tonight?11,430 Views97 Comments
- Casey Veggies Reveals Tracklist For "Live & Grow"5,193 Views17 Comments
- #TBT: Swizz Beatz-Produced Bangers3,582 Views19 Comments
- Rihanna Models For Dior Magazine3,899 Views18 Comments
- Lil Herb Signs Deal With Cinematic Music Group12,599 Views28 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals "Black Dollar" Tracklist20,543 Views54 Comments
- 10 Times Rappers Were Banned From Countries7,176 Views15 Comments
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension3,135 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around11,977 Views39 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date4,122 Views20 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"8,069 Views23 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"9,921 Views49 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival5,152 Views25 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport8,914 Views0 Comments