Blame it on self-employment, shady labels or a simple lack of knowledge about this country's impenetrable tax system-- rappers have historically had problems with unpaid taxes.
Lil Kim's had her fair share on legal issues and money problems in the past, just last year she was entangled in a lawsuit with her lawyer as well as her former business partner, but the latest legal entanglement is with the IRS.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
While we're quite sure Lil Wayne is not having financial troubles (he's worth an approximate $135 million at this point), he's nonetheless neglected to pay his taxes for 2011 and 2012, resulting in quite the tax lien.
It might well be a good thing that the rapper, Eve, is engaged to the billionaire, Maximillion Cooper (whose name resembles that of a cartoon billionaire).
Fat Joe Explains In-Depth Story Behind Tax Evasion Charges On The Breakfast Club Aug 5, 2013 at 01:30pm
Fat Joe was recently sentenced to four months in prison for tax evasion. Joe had plead guilty to the charge, after failing to pay his taxes from the years 2007-2008 on an estimated near three million.
Fat Joe pled guilty to charges of tax evasion back in December, although the rapper is among good company. Most recently we reported on Mary J. Blige's tax problems, plus there was Lauryn Hill's highly publicized case.
Mary J. Blige may find herself in the same boat as Lauryn Hill if she doesn't start paying off taxes real soon.
Wyclef Jean Reveals Upcoming Album Title & Speaks On Lauryn Hill's Tax Problems May 15, 2013 at 03:33pm
Wyclef Jean recently got back in to the music, releasing his free project April Showers. He's not stopping there though, as that was just a warm-up for his upcoming album.
Lauryn Hill's sentencing on tax evasion charges is tomorrow, but the singer has reportedly paid off her $900,000 tax debt today, just in time.
Lauryn Hill Claims She Didn't Pay Her Taxes Because Of "Very Real Threats" To Herself & Family Apr 15, 2013 at 10:27am
Lauryn Hill is still trying to explain the cause of all her tax troubles. Lauryn Hill plead guilty to charges of tax evasion last year, after earning more than $1.8 million for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007 and neglecting to pay her taxes. Now that the
Ja Rule Released From Prison, Still Has To Finish Serving Tax Evasion Sentence Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47am
Ja Rule has been serving time in jail since his 2011 charge of possession of an illegal firearm, however, now the rapper is on the verge of freedom.
Jermaine Dupri has finally settled his finances, paying off a $3 million tax lien stemming from 2008. The IRS filed the lien in 2008, claiming Dupri had failed to pay his taxes since 2006, resulting in back taxes of $3,095,004.64.
MC Hammer supposedly owes the US Government $779,585 in back taxes, and they aren't forgetting it.
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"227 Views0 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)3,218 Views3 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party3,624 Views9 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked3,672 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)2,656 Views14 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August25,216 Views140 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach7,903 Views12 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (April 17)1,770 Views3 Comments
- OVO x Toronto Raptors Playoff T-Shirts Unveiled2,408 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Goes Gold8,798 Views139 Comments
- Poetic License: The Art Of Writing 4,413 Views36 Comments
- Jay Z Has Been Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers To Thank Them12,142 Views60 Comments
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album "Hollywood"5,481 Views15 Comments
- Chris Brown Shares Photos Of His Daughter Royalty18,797 Views66 Comments
- Drake's 'OVO' Air Jordans Just Released At The OVO Pop-Up Shop In LA8,297 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Kendrick Lamar "King Kunta" BTS Video1,436 Views