While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Kanye West cut his teeth producing records for the likes of Jay Z, but has since left his mark as one of the greatest rappers of the past 15 years. His influence on rap music and culture top notch, only to be met by the top dogs in the game.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05 PM
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
Talib Kweli stays in the studio. The rapper released a new album, Gravitas, in December, which itself had quickly followed up Prisoner Of Conscious.
Raekwon and Talib Kweli met up in Brooklyn, New York to film their upcoming video for the track they did together, "Violations." While they were filming, HotNewHipHop met up with Raekwon to pose him a question, how he thinks the internet has impacted hip- hop.
Talib Kweli is following up his album from this past May, Prisoner Of Conscious, with Gravitas.
Weeks after Trinidad James bashed New York's radio stations for not playing enough local artists, Brooklyn rap veteran Talib Kweli decided to back James' comments and say the same thing.
Repetition remains a reality in the rap game, and specific bars tend to get overlooked. This is an opportunity to take a closer listen and really consider what these artists have to say. We encourage your opinions.
In Its Fourth Week, Talib Kweli Joins "Stand Your Ground Protest" In Florida Aug 9, 2013 at 06:25 PM
In Tallahassee yesterday, veteran rapper Talib Kweli joined the ongoing sit-in protests at the Florida Capitol.
Continuing to ride the wave of their recently insanely successful record sales, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who are currently touring in Europe, have announced that after finishing up there that they will be touring the U.S., and bringing along a couple dope re
Kanye West began as a producer, but with a personality as big as his, it was impossible for him to stay behind the boards forever.
Talib Kweli is dropping his new album, Prisoner Of Conscious, tomorrow, and today he provides fans a full album stream.
Although Kanye West's infamous interruption of Taylor Swift may have seemed like a one-off moment from the rapper, or a a side effect of his huge ego, it turns out, 'Ye has always been one to interrupt a show.
The first few months of 2013 passed with the hip-hop game in limbo, with a severe lack of albums that sparked everyone's attention. Weezys tenth album, I Am Not A Human Being II, was mediocre compared to his previous projects, A$AP Rocky's album, despite be
Talib Kweli announced earlier today that his upcoming effort, Prisoner Of Conscious has been delayed yet again.
Talib Kweli Reveals New "Prisoner Of Conscious" Release Date [Update: Album Pushed Back Again] Apr 14, 2013 at 04:36 PM
Rejoining Yaasin Bey (Mos Def) on stage for a couple performances and then hinting at a Black Star reunion album, Talib Kweli turned some heads in 2012. He also dropped his Attack The Block mixtape, and geared up for his next solo LP, which was
Talib Kweli Clarifies Statements On Rick Ross & Lil Wayne, Asks Why Eminem & Biggie Are Not Questioned Similarly Apr 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Talib Kweli has been a vocal presence in the controversies around Rick Ross and Lil Wayne's lyrics.
Talib Kweli recently gave his opinion on Rick Ross' "U.O.E.N.O." lyrics, saying that Ross' apology for the date rape lyrics was unacceptable. Now the socially conscious rapper has once again called out a mainstream rapper for questionable lyrics.
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration169 Views0 Comments
- Lit At LIV: 5 Altercations At The Miami Club2,011 Views6 Comments
- Stream OG Maco's "I Made This Shit Before 'U Guessed It'" Compilation1,401 Views5 Comments
- Lil Durk's Manager Reportedly Killed In Chicago Shooting5,845 Views16 Comments
- 40 Vs. Boi-1da5,443 Views39 Comments
- Stream Eric Bellinger's "Birthday Gifts" EP2,398 Views5 Comments
- Social Media Roasts West Virginia Following Blowout Loss To Kentucky4,710 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title15,256 Views94 Comments
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram21,221 Views45 Comments
- TBT: The Roots3,321 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop22,514 Views39 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]16,267 Views43 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance29,850 Views116 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines8,355 Views27 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic6,819 Views34 Comments
You may also like...
- Nardwuar Vs. Wale873 Views