DJ EFN is Miami-based, but his collaborators span all different regions and generations.
While February 7th is celebrated as "Dilla Day" in Detroit, this year, the celebration will be going down in Miami as "Dilla Day" turns into a weekend event, February 5th through the 8th.
Yasiin Bey has taken on the role as a hip-hop elder. He speaks on important issues and is often times regarded as a spokesperson for the culture along with cats like Talib Kweli, Questlove, Q-Tip, etc.
Talib Kweli and Javotti Media's new tape, The Cathedral, has him putting on a number of younger artists, as well as teaming up with old homies like Pharoahe Monch for some very enjoyable tracks.
Kanye West cut his teeth producing records for the likes of Jay Z, but has since left his mark as one of the greatest rappers of the past 15 years. His influence on rap music and culture top notch, only to be met by the top dogs in the game.
Chris Webby gives us a bit of a science lesson as to what dopamine is exactly on his latest single off Chemically Imbalanced-- it's an appropriate record given the album's title, and the record is all about getting high off happiness.
Despite being a legendary producer and one of the founding members of the veteran Diggin' In the Crates (D.I.T.C.) collective, Diamond D has not released a production compilation album, until now.
Bottom Feeder Music is working on putting together a compilation album, Gorilla State, and today they've unleashed the first single off it.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
Talib Kweli Speaks On Reports That Yasiin Bey Is Not Allowed To Return To U.S. May 29, 2014 at 03:05pm
The other week a report surfaced that Yasiin Bey, better known as Mos Def, had to cancel a string of U.S. tour dates because he was not allowed to re-enter the United States.
Even though he may not punch the mainstream market, Talib Kweli sure knows how to stay relevant. Tonight, the Brooklyn lyricist was the musical guest on The Arsenio Hall Show.
Not long after delivering the visual for “Rare Portraits”, Talib Kweli returns with yet another video off his latest album Gravitas. This time around, the Brooklyn spitta drops off an animated clip for “State Of Grace” featuring Abby Dobson.
Talib Kweli stays in the studio. The rapper released a new album, Gravitas, in December, which itself had quickly followed up Prisoner Of Conscious.
Raekwon and Talib Kweli met up in Brooklyn, New York to film their upcoming video for the track they did together, "Violations." While they were filming, HotNewHipHop met up with Raekwon to pose him a question, how he thinks the internet has impacted hip- hop.
- Top Tracks: April 13 - April 192,994 Views5 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan "Hurt" By Young Thug's "Bitch Homie Quan" Comment22,041 Views76 Comments
- Kanye West: "I Am An Innovator," Not A Musician9,629 Views79 Comments
- 4/20 Playlist7,753 Views22 Comments
- araabMUZIK Announces New Album "Dream World"1,702 Views3 Comments
- Russell Westbrook's Air Jordan 'Westbrook 0' Officially Unveiled5,038 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Covers PAPER Magazine3,654 Views14 Comments
- Migos Denied Bail After Arrest At Georgia Southern University15,809 Views51 Comments
- Rappers Share Their Smoking Preferences For 4/2016,150 Views37 Comments
- Big Sean & Ariana Grande Have Reportedly Broken Up48,263 Views122 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Shares Tracklist & Release Date For "The Growing Process"5,968 Views15 Comments
- Stream Curren$y's "Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes"11,071 Views13 Comments
- 10 Things To Do On 4/2014,332 Views57 Comments
- Top-10 Marijuana Inspired Sneakers634 Views0 Comments
- Lil Durk Shares Artwork, Release Date For "Remember My Name"8,484 Views41 Comments