MNHATTN is a New York-based artist, who dabbles in both visual arts and musical arts. He attended the same high school that Nicki Minaj and Azealia Banks famously attended as well, Fiorello H.
After years of embarking on a grueling journey to stardom, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Rock finally made it. They came up from nothing and are now swimming in the pools of success.
It's Hump Day on these internets, and while the term actually refers to the fact that once you're over the hump that is Wednesday your week is (basically) over, we're taking it literally.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
SZA Elaborates On Her Role In Writing Nicki Minaj & Beyonce's "Feelin' Myself" Jan 1, 2015 at 04:14pm
Writing credits can tell you a lot about the people involved in the conception of a song, but they unfortunately can't tell you who contributed what.
"Feeling Myself," a Hit-Boy-produced gem from Nicki Minaj's new album, features two of the most powerful women in the game flexing even harder than they did on the "Flawless" remix earlier this year.
Jhene Aiko is going girl power for her new tour "Enter The Void," bringing along fellow soft-voiced female singer SZA as well as Odd Future-affiliated group The Internet, which is helmed by Syd the Kyd.
Both Willow Smith and her older brother Jaden Smith have been popping up quite a bit lately, as they've been dropping off some new records on their respective Soundclouds.
Over the past few weeks, Jay Z's Life + Times site has been putting out short documentaries on young artists in a series called "Where I'm From." So far, illustrious producers Hit-Boy and DJ Mustard have been profiled, and now SZA, TDE's first lady, has gott
SZA Says Kendrick Lamar's Storytelling Is "On A Grander Scale" On His New Album Sep 11, 2014 at 06:23pm
As if Kendrick Lamar's follow-up to good kid, m.A.A.d city needed any more hype.
SZA recently performed a private show at Red Bull Studios, showcasing some music from her Z project.
For some artists, naming albums and mixtapes seems like it takes a long time (Well$' recent MTSYD: The Revenge Of The African Booty Scratcher springs to mind), but for SZA, TDE's first lady, the process is simple.
On Tuesday night, SZA brought her Z EP to life during a private show at Red Bull Studios in L.A.
SZA's new album Z wasn't jam-packed with features, although TDE label mates Isaiah Rashad and Kendrick Lamar made an appearance in some of the few featured tracks. Isaiah Rashad appeared on the soft "Warm Winds" where he sang along with SZA.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Yesterday SZA's collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, "Babylon", hit the web, which was later followed by SZA's new album Z. The project hit iTunes at midnight, and we already have a full stream of the project thanks to Spotify.
SZA's new project Z will hit iTunes at midnight, and before that time arrives we've got one last sweet leak from the project, with her Top Dawg label mate Kendrick Lamar. The smooth record contains that same feel we've been hearing on all the leaks, while K.
SZA hit us with the artwork and release date fore her upcoming album, Z earlier in the year, and she's now shared the official tracklist for the offering.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th7,140 Views18 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"5,134 Views16 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show6,231 Views18 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,210 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday6,910 Views26 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month8,470 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show18,884 Views30 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,436 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj61,744 Views235 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal141,994 Views812 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"76,403 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"64,480 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,215 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,978 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"48,840 Views166 Comments