Drake's recent project If You're Reading This It's Too Late found him at his most egotistical, whether it be bragging about his wealth, dismissing other rappers who aren't up to par with him, and being obsessed with his own crew, his own city.
Big Sean Talks About The Benefits Of Recording "Dark Sky Paradise" In His Home Studio Mar 7, 2015 at 01:54 PM
While opinions of Big Sean may still be mixed, one thing people seem to be able to agree on is that Dark Sky Paradise is a major step up from the rapper's previous studio albums.
Frank Ocean has been pretty reclusive over the past year.
We caught wind of a reunion of former-Ruff Ryders DMX and Swizz Beatz earlier in the year, but -- with the exception of a hilarious roller coaster video -- news of any new content from X quickly faded away.
We know Kanye West has been working on a new album, as he recently revealed to GQ the name of the first single off the LP, "All Day." We even received a leaked snippet of "All Day" over the weekend.
Game already has two projects in his 2014-2015 pipeline, his Blood Money crew album Blood Money La Familia, and a follow up to his seminal debut, The Documentary 2.
Justin Bieber and Chris Brown do not have the best best reputation these days. Brown was just released from prison, having failed twice at completing a probation-induced rehab stay, and still has a pending assault charge attached to his name.
Ab-Soul delivered a banger yesterday which featured ScHoolboy Q, "Hunnid Stax." Although Mac Miller wasn't credited on the track, mid-record you can hear Mac drop a few slow-paced bars before the track picks up pace again.
Dr. Dre's on-again, off-again album Detox has become a bit of a punchline in the hip hop community. The proposed follow up to 1999's Chronic 2001 has been in the works for years, and has even had a few false-start singles.
Snoop Dogg has been pretty active in a variety of his pseudonyms over the last year. He released his reggae album as Snoop Lion, his funk album as Snoopzilla, and some rap tapes as Snoop Dogg.
Jennifer Lopez teased a preview of her new Chris Brown-penned single, "Same Girl" last week. The track is about how fame has not changed her, and she's still the "same Jenny from around the way" (sound familiar?).
Pusha T In Studio With The Neptunes [Update: Studio Session Actually For New Clipse Album] Jan 6, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Pusha T is starting the New Year with a studio session that will definitely please fans. The 1/2 of Clipse is locking in a 20-day studio session with Pharrell and Chad Hugo aka The Neptunes.
Tyga recently gave us a mixtape, Well Done 4, which is a precursor to his next studio album The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty. With the tape out of the way, it seems like T-Raww is already back in the studio working on new music.
This is a brief one, folks.
Future has been talking about getting an Andre 3000 feature on his upcoming album, Honest, for some time-- and it seems he may have finally locked it in.
Drake Announces Plans To Build Recording Studio For Philadelphia High School Dec 6, 2013 at 01:13 PM
Drake has had a very successful year between his platinum-selling Nothing Was The Same, the well-attended "Would You Like A Tour?," and his recent Nike deal.
Good news, everyone! Shortly after receiving confirmation that Outkast would be reuniting, not only for a Coachella 2014 show, but for an actual tour, the legendary duo have been spotted together-- although no word on if it was to work on music.
It looks like we may hear something between Q-Tip and Kendrick Lamar, as the two were spotted in the studio together last night.
Frank Ocean has kind of disappeared for a minute, but it looks like he'll be back soon enough. The r'n'b singer, who no longer has Twitter, took to his Tumblr to share some thoughts while at the same time revealing he's back in the studio.
Rick Ross has been all over the place promoting his upcoming December release, Mastermind. He's already revealed a Jay Z collaboration is on the LP, and now he's been in the studio with another legend, singer Bobby Womack.
Wiz Khalifa has been busy working on his upcoming album Blacc Hollywood, and we may get a Mannie Fresh collaboration on the LP, if their recent studio session was successful.
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"1,196 Views7 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown6,984 Views15 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts7,600 Views21 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son6,369 Views15 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.9,308 Views27 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"20,599 Views101 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,224 Views7 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 773 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery6,221 Views25 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,073 Views19 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue8,327 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 14,011 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way18,710 Views84 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 2810,869 Views51 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month8,272 Views21 Comments