When rappers decide on nostalgic titles for albums, they'll often choose the names of streets, landmarks or neighborhoods from their childhood, but Stevie Stone wanted to go back even further.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Strange Music has never been a label to do things the traditional way; they're called "Strange" for a reason after all. Of all of the bizarre things the label has done over the years, this Strangegiving promotional ad may just rank near the tippy-top.
Pulp Fiction is one of those classic films that demand to be watched every time the option is presented. In a way, CES Cru's "Jimmy Stewart" is a lot like Quentin's film: it's addictive, high-energy, and a little on the zany side.
Rittz's newly-released album Next To Nothing was a long time coming. The Atlanta native has been hustling in the rap game for years, and finally nabbed a deal with Strange Music for an impressive commercial debut.
Earlier today, Atlanta native Rittz shared audio of a new track with the baldfaced title, "White Rapper." Now the autobiographical joint has a video just hours later, which alternates between showing Rittz writing and rapping in front of an oddly-shaped screen
Jumping off tour for a day in KCMO, Strange Music's Ces Cru took some time to shoot the black-and-white visuals for their latest single "Sound Bite." The first peek at their upcoming album, the awesomely-titled Codename: Stripper Ego, the song is available on
Strange Music is definitely in the building. Talking exclusively to HotNewHipHop, Slumerican's Rittz touches on his upcoming album Next To Nothing, touring, working with YelaWolf, doing laundry on tour and a whole lot more.
Tech N9ne Feat. Godemis, Stevie Stone, Murs Wrekonize, Bernz, Kutt Calhoun, Ubiquitous Prozak & Krizz Kaliko "Strangeulation Cypher" Video
Tech N9ne just released a Strange Music compilation album, and throughout the runtime, there are quite a few cypher's that show off the ferocious double time-style adopted by much of the crew.
Earlier this month, Tech N9ne announced the album Strangeulation and shared its guest-heavy tracklist. Now he's given an interview to Stupid Dope in which he discusses the new album and talks about "Fragile," his recent record with Kendrick Lamar.
CEOs of Strangeland Travis & Tech N9ne give Karen Civil a tour of new digs in Kansas City, which set them back about $4 million. Congrats to Tech on the dope studio!How do you feel about the production here?
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show1 View0 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks1,411 Views1 Comment
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday2,608 Views19 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month3,825 Views25 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show9,670 Views24 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today4,405 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj47,881 Views216 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal122,160 Views741 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"71,627 Views143 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"59,480 Views80 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,028 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,779 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"44,421 Views166 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall4,217 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"11,450 Views70 Comments
You may also like...