HNHH sat down for an illuminating interview with Strange Music CEO Travis O'Guin to discuss his history with Tech N9ne and what it takes to be successful as an independent artist or label.
Strange Music's own Stevie Stone just dropped his album Malta Bend last month (watch our interview with him about the project below), and today, he's ready to loose another video from it.
Tech N9ne's Strange Music label has evolved into something bigger than he ever could have imagined.
A few weeks back, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to get an exclusive look at Strange Music Headquarters and talk to the main forces behind the flourishing label.
Two weeks ago, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to kick it with Strange Music.
When rappers decide on nostalgic titles for albums, they'll often choose the names of streets, landmarks or neighborhoods from their childhood, but Stevie Stone wanted to go back even further.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Strange Music has never been a label to do things the traditional way; they're called "Strange" for a reason after all. Of all of the bizarre things the label has done over the years, this Strangegiving promotional ad may just rank near the tippy-top.
Pulp Fiction is one of those classic films that demand to be watched every time the option is presented. In a way, CES Cru's "Jimmy Stewart" is a lot like Quentin's film: it's addictive, high-energy, and a little on the zany side.
Rittz's newly-released album Next To Nothing was a long time coming. The Atlanta native has been hustling in the rap game for years, and finally nabbed a deal with Strange Music for an impressive commercial debut.
Earlier today, Atlanta native Rittz shared audio of a new track with the baldfaced title, "White Rapper." Now the autobiographical joint has a video just hours later, which alternates between showing Rittz writing and rapping in front of an oddly-shaped screen
Jumping off tour for a day in KCMO, Strange Music's Ces Cru took some time to shoot the black-and-white visuals for their latest single "Sound Bite." The first peek at their upcoming album, the awesomely-titled Codename: Stripper Ego, the song is available on
Strange Music is definitely in the building. Talking exclusively to HotNewHipHop, Slumerican's Rittz touches on his upcoming album Next To Nothing, touring, working with YelaWolf, doing laundry on tour and a whole lot more.
Tech N9ne Feat. Godemis, Stevie Stone, Murs Wrekonize, Bernz, Kutt Calhoun, Ubiquitous Prozak & Krizz Kaliko "Strangeulation Cypher" Video
Tech N9ne just released a Strange Music compilation album, and throughout the runtime, there are quite a few cypher's that show off the ferocious double time-style adopted by much of the crew.
Earlier this month, Tech N9ne announced the album Strangeulation and shared its guest-heavy tracklist. Now he's given an interview to Stupid Dope in which he discusses the new album and talks about "Fragile," his recent record with Kendrick Lamar.
CEOs of Strangeland Travis & Tech N9ne give Karen Civil a tour of new digs in Kansas City, which set them back about $4 million. Congrats to Tech on the dope studio!How do you feel about the production here?
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke4,005 Views33 Comments
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"19,129 Views143 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support16,194 Views115 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists35,375 Views175 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company27,421 Views45 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"21,275 Views39 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac15,069 Views87 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work41,421 Views109 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles4,076 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single4,585 Views14 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?9,784 Views36 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,846 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame3,342 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views25,970 Views153 Comments
You may also like...
- Mick Jenkins "Your Love" Video1,747 Views