Tech N9ne will celebrate his 25th year of being a rap artist in 201. Kansas City MC has certainly accomplished a lifetime's worth of work. Despite not releasing a proper album until 1999, he has put out fifteen full-length commercial releases since.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
It seems like every other day we get a new tour announcement from Tech N9ne. Dude never stops touring, which is one of the main reasons he landed so high on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year (#16).
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Tech N9ne found himself amid mainstream rap stars today on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list. The decidedly underground rapper pops up on their list at #16, earning $8 million. Considering how much this guy tours, it's kind of unsurprising.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
While they have very different approaches, 2 Chainz has been vocal in his appreciation for Tech N9ne. On an episode of MTV's RapFix earlier this month, Tity 2 Necklace praised the rappers skills, saying, "that boy can rap".
The Strange Music team welcomes a strange new addition to their roster. Along with Tech N9ne himself, Murs joins the ranks of Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Wrekonize, Kutt Kalhoun and Ces Cru.
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"6,488 Views66 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support11,859 Views94 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists28,766 Views160 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company23,747 Views44 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"18,811 Views39 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac12,954 Views80 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work35,329 Views103 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,778 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single4,244 Views14 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?9,112 Views34 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,643 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame3,104 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views24,021 Views150 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop15,167 Views76 Comments