Six months after dropping his excellent Special Effects album, Tech N9ne comes through with Strangeulation, Vol. II -- his sixteenth (!) studio album and sixth "Collabos" project.
On November 20, Tech N9ne will release Strangeulation, Vol. II, the sequel to the first installment of his Strange Music collaboration album, released in May 2014. A few days ago, Tech released the first track off Vol.
Tech N9ne and the Strange Music family are dropping off their second Strangeulation compilation album on Friday, November 20th. Today they've dropped off a new music video for "PBSA" off the album, which features affiliate CES Cru.
Tech N9ne will celebrate his 25th year of being a rap artist in 201. Kansas City MC has certainly accomplished a lifetime's worth of work. Despite not releasing a proper album until 1999, he has put out fifteen full-length commercial releases since.
HNHH sat down for an illuminating interview with Strange Music CEO Travis O'Guin to discuss his history with Tech N9ne and what it takes to be successful as an independent artist or label.
Strange Music's own Stevie Stone just dropped his album Malta Bend last month (watch our interview with him about the project below), and today, he's ready to loose another video from it.
Tech N9ne's Strange Music label has evolved into something bigger than he ever could have imagined.
A few weeks back, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to get an exclusive look at Strange Music Headquarters and talk to the main forces behind the flourishing label.
Rittz taps Yelawolf, Royce Da 5'9', and KXNG Crooked to spit a verse on his remix to "LAF", which originally appeared on his acclaimed 2014 album Next To Nothing.
Two weeks ago, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to kick it with Strange Music.
When rappers decide on nostalgic titles for albums, they'll often choose the names of streets, landmarks or neighborhoods from their childhood, but Stevie Stone wanted to go back even further.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
Strange Music has never been a label to do things the traditional way; they're called "Strange" for a reason after all. Of all of the bizarre things the label has done over the years, this Strangegiving promotional ad may just rank near the tippy-top.
It seems like every other day we get a new tour announcement from Tech N9ne. Dude never stops touring, which is one of the main reasons he landed so high on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year (#16).
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Pulp Fiction is one of those classic films that demand to be watched every time the option is presented. In a way, CES Cru's "Jimmy Stewart" is a lot like Quentin's film: it's addictive, high-energy, and a little on the zany side.
- Review: Freddie Gibbs' "Shadow Of A Doubt"2,285 Views93 Comments
- DMX Is Guest-Starring On ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat"1,003 Views10 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th6,120 Views31 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20164,371 Views21 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"8,684 Views47 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption15,248 Views68 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together12,452 Views74 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist6,562 Views17 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino4,544 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label6,733 Views27 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,314 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans5,719 Views30 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald7,854 Views51 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"21,344 Views79 Comments