HNHH sat down for an illuminating interview with Strange Music CEO Travis O'Guin to discuss his history with Tech N9ne and what it takes to be successful as an independent artist or label.
Strange Music's own Stevie Stone just dropped his album Malta Bend last month (watch our interview with him about the project below), and today, he's ready to loose another video from it.
Tech N9ne's Strange Music label has evolved into something bigger than he ever could have imagined.
A few weeks back, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to get an exclusive look at Strange Music Headquarters and talk to the main forces behind the flourishing label.
Rittz taps Yelawolf, Royce Da 5'9', and KXNG Crooked to spit a verse on his remix to "LAF", which originally appeared on his acclaimed 2014 album Next To Nothing.
Two weeks ago, HNHH took a trip down to Kansas City, Missouri to kick it with Strange Music.
When rappers decide on nostalgic titles for albums, they'll often choose the names of streets, landmarks or neighborhoods from their childhood, but Stevie Stone wanted to go back even further.
Today marks the release of Murs' Have A Nice Life, his first since 2013's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl and first as a Strange Music signee.
Since Murs released his last album, 2012's Yumiko: Curse of the Merch Girl, a lot has changed for him, namely a move from a major label to an indie.
Even though Tech N9ne has spent years cranking out a series of collaboration albums, he couldn’t resist inviting his (wildly talented) rapping friends to join in on the fun on his latest album, Special Effects.
After drumming up hype by dropping the Eminem collab, "Speedom (Wwc2)," a few weeks ago, Tech N9ne officially releases his new album today. Stream the 24-track Special Effects below, and buy it here.
A month before Murs drops Have a Nice Life, the L.A. rapper gives us the video to "No More Control", his latest single. "No More Control" is a piece of "educated street music", which features Fools Gold artist MNDR singing the hook.
Tech N9ne has been having a successful run the past few years, and keeping the momentum going, he'll be back in 2015 with yet another album under his belt.
Strange Music has never been a label to do things the traditional way; they're called "Strange" for a reason after all. Of all of the bizarre things the label has done over the years, this Strangegiving promotional ad may just rank near the tippy-top.
It seems like every other day we get a new tour announcement from Tech N9ne. Dude never stops touring, which is one of the main reasons he landed so high on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list this year (#16).
Years after the release of his debut album Follow Me Home, TDE's Jay Rock has officially parted ways with Tech N9ne's Strange Music label.
Pulp Fiction is one of those classic films that demand to be watched every time the option is presented. In a way, CES Cru's "Jimmy Stewart" is a lot like Quentin's film: it's addictive, high-energy, and a little on the zany side.
Tech N9ne found himself amid mainstream rap stars today on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list. The decidedly underground rapper pops up on their list at #16, earning $8 million. Considering how much this guy tours, it's kind of unsurprising.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
Rittz's newly-released album Next To Nothing was a long time coming. The Atlanta native has been hustling in the rap game for years, and finally nabbed a deal with Strange Music for an impressive commercial debut.
Earlier today, Atlanta native Rittz shared audio of a new track with the baldfaced title, "White Rapper." Now the autobiographical joint has a video just hours later, which alternates between showing Rittz writing and rapping in front of an oddly-shaped screen
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More1,330 Views17 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album2,246 Views7 Comments
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow8,393 Views29 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid59,123 Views117 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"26,888 Views111 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them24,589 Views68 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 308,692 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week17,162 Views81 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy6,666 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"8,666 Views23 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences8,097 Views20 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates13,379 Views61 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon9,503 Views37 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs27,729 Views66 Comments