Stalley dropped his long-awaited debut album last year, but since then he's been relatively quiet. Just as we were beginning to wonder what was next for the MMG rapper, he's announced a new project dropping this week, by the name of The Laughing Introvert.
Rick Ross and the Maybach Music Group have taken their time with Stalley. Signed in 2011, the same year as Meek Mill and Wale (who were almost immediately launched in to mainstream eyes), the MC is just getting a proper debut album released.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Stalley Announces Title Of Debut Album [Update: Release Date & Album Cover Revealed] Sep 15, 2014 at 10:15pm
MMG has put out plenty of successful albums, but it's generally the big three (Rick Ross, Meek Mill, and Wale) that have been given the proper shine. Meanwhile artists like Gunplay and Rockie Fresh have been put on the back burner.
MMG artist Stalley dropped his "Honest Cowboy" mixtape on September 17th. As part of the celebration, Stalley got an exclusive "Honest Cowboy" LeBron X Elite iD.
This week was a good one for hip-hop. The BET Hip-Hop Awards delivered cyphers from plenty of rappers, and Curren$y hopped on a track with his former YMCMB bosses, Lil Wayne and Birdman, which was pretty cool.
This week we don't have too many songs for your to look through.
Stalley Announces "Honest Cowboy" Mixtape [Update: Artwork & Tracklist Revealed] Aug 1, 2013 at 07:47pm
Stalley recently dropped a free song titled "Raise Your Weapons," and today he reveals there are more of those on the way, with the announcement of an upcoming mixtape, Honest Cowboy.
Underrated Audio brings you four tracks from the past seven days that didn't get enough looks. This week Kidd Kidd offers a tribute to both Trayvon Martin and Ahlittia North, Sango drops some music to vibe too with help from JMSN, R.A.
This week's Underrated Audio gathers four tracks of varying kinds for your listening pleasure.
MMG's Stalley shot the video for his "Swangin" single in his hometown of Massillon, Ohio on Friday afternoon. Although Rick Ross, Rockie Fresh, and Omarion were on set, there was no sign of veteran Houston emcee Scarface, who is featured on the track.
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow4,021 Views20 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid38,464 Views108 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"17,155 Views95 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them18,484 Views60 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 306,229 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week14,122 Views73 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy5,358 Views21 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"7,170 Views23 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences6,626 Views19 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates11,129 Views55 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon7,909 Views36 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs23,456 Views62 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever8,463 Views43 Comments