The soulful-sampled "Glass Garage" (produced by Thelonious Martin) was definitely a highlight off Stalley's recent mixtape, The Laughing Introvert, so much so that we featured it on the homepage.
Outside of Ross, all of the big MMG players have been dropping projects in 2015. We had Wale's Album About Nothing, Meek Mill's Dreams Worth More Than Nightmares, and even Gunplay's long-awaited debut, Living Legend. Now, it's Stalley's turn.
Though Stalley has been holding it down for Ohio since he started rapping, he made sure everyone knew as much by naming his 2014 debut album Ohio. Ten months later he returns with his The Laughing Introvert mixtape.
Yesterday, Stalley revealed that he'll be dropping a brand new project this week.
Stalley dropped his long-awaited debut album last year, but since then he's been relatively quiet. Just as we were beginning to wonder what was next for the MMG rapper, he's announced a new project dropping this week, by the name of The Laughing Introvert.
After sharing "Ever Since" feat. Stalley & Ray Jr. a couple weeks back, MistaRogers treats us to the track's new video in an HNHH premiere.
Ohio native MistaRogers is currently preparing for the release of his forthcoming DJ Drama-hosted mixtape Dying To Live, which drops July 21st.
DJ EFN is Miami-based, but his location certainly isn't indicative of his choice in collaborators.
Stalley's Ohio single, "Always Into Something" scored an L.A. presence with the increasingly in-demand Ty Dolla $ign providing the hook, and a new remix only increases that presence.
If there are two things that Gunplay, Stalley and Curren$y all share, its their love for both classic cars and marijuana. Today, they a share a video that celebrates both of those passions. Check out the "Chain Smokin" visuals above.
Rick Ross and the Maybach Music Group have taken their time with Stalley. Signed in 2011, the same year as Meek Mill and Wale (who were almost immediately launched in to mainstream eyes), the MC is just getting a proper debut album released.
It took some time, but after years of waiting on the MMG bench, Stalley finally got a release date for his debut album. The record, titled Ohio is due out later this month, and the rollout has been fast and furious.
When hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music.
Stalley is currently gearing up to release his long-awaited debut album Ohio, and earlier this week he dropped off a track from the project that features his Maybach Music Group label boss, Rick Ross.
Just when it seemed Stalley was going to have to wait forever to put out his MMG debut, the rollout for his album jumped to hyper speed.
After giving us the heads up earlier this evening, Ricky Rozay delivers on his word and shares with us his newest release “Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted” featuring fellow MMG member Stalley.
Stalley Announces Title Of Debut Album [Update: Release Date & Album Cover Revealed] Sep 15, 2014 at 10:15pm
MMG has put out plenty of successful albums, but it's generally the big three (Rick Ross, Meek Mill, and Wale) that have been given the proper shine. Meanwhile artists like Gunplay and Rockie Fresh have been put on the back burner.
Over the past few weeks, underrated MMG rapper Stalley has been staging a comeback that will lead up to his debut album, Ohio. Fittingly, the OH spitter got the invite to The Breakfast Club to discuss his roots, his label and his album rollout.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"2,226 Views25 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival1,599 Views10 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport3,836 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See8,634 Views94 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans2,158 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum12,544 Views103 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?7,808 Views73 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby15,467 Views55 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus13,387 Views77 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"4,777 Views32 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works402 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds8,773 Views36 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,123 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More6,125 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,735 Views0 Comments