Jay Z is about to throw his hat in to the music streaming service ring. The music mogul will likely compete with services like Beats Music, Google Play and Spotify after making a bid on the Scandinavian company Aspiro, which owns the streaming service WiMP.
Wu-Tang Clan's reunion album, A Better Tomorrow, is still awaiting official release, meanwhile we've been fed gritty singles like "Necklace" and "Ruckus In B Minor." The entire group isn't going heavy on the promo route for this album though, so it's likely
Not that Kanye West really needs the money, but the rapper reportedly turned down an offer from a Las Vegas casino which would have made him the highest-paid act in Vegas, topping Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dione and Britney Spears.
Bobby Shmurda Says He's Not Getting Paid From All His Shows [Update: Shmurda's Mom/Manager Speaks Out] Oct 17, 2014 at 09:19 AM
Bobby Shmurda may be one of the rappers with the most buzz right now, but he's not making any money off that, or so he said in a now-deleted Instagram post last night.
Iggy Azalea Denies She Has A Sex Tape [Update: Iggy Changes Her Tune, Sex Tape Does Exist] Sep 12, 2014 at 09:17 AM
Iggy Azalea has reportedly been offered a seven-figure sum for an alleged sex tape, however, the main issue is the fact that Iggy says it's not her in the tape.
What most music fans don’t know is that a major record label deal is not guaranteed change in your pocket. A recording contract is essentially a legal agreement which allows the record label to exploit an artist’s work through recorded material.
Nicki Minaj is facing a new lawsuit, but we have a feeling this is just pocket change for the mega star. The Pinkprint rapper is being sued by an entertainment company for $50,000 after allegedly flaking on her duties.
Jay Z & Beyonce Reportedly Earning A Combined $84 Million From "On The Run" Tour Jul 30, 2014 at 09:11 AM
Rumors about a divorce continue to fly around Beyonce and Jay Z, and with that comes reports from NYPost's Page Six that Bey was shopping for a $21.5 million apartment in Chelsea without Jay.
Jay Z & Beyonce's "On The Run" Tour Set To Become Second Most Successful Tour Ever Jun 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Despite there being rumors early on that Jay Z and Beyonce weren't selling enough tickets for their joint "On The Run" tour this summer, it's actually looking like it'll be quite the opposite.
Beastie Boys have been battling Monster energy drink in court for awhile now. It all began with a copyright violation suit filed by the Beastie Boys, centering around a "megamix" put together by DJ Z-Trip for a snowboarding recap video, sponsored by Monster.
Busta Rhymes can now add himself to the long list of rappers who get hit up by the IRS for tax evasion. Bussa Bus apparently owes just under $1 million to Uncle Sam, as the ever reliable TMZ reports.
50 Cent's departure from Interscope was a long time coming, as the rapper reveals in a new interview with Business News Network, it took four years to negotiate. 50 says he received a payout of $23 million upon leaving Interscope.
Remember last month when 50 Cent called out a video vixen by the name of Sally Ferreira, for allegedly pretending to be his girlfriend and leaking photos from their video shoot together?
The legal issues between 50 Cent and Sleek Audio continue, and once again, 50 Cent has found himself at the loosing end. As we reported on last year, Fiddy had taken Sleek to court, suing them over a debt he claimed the company owed him (a debt of $261,000).
J. Cole On "Rich Niggaz": "I Used To Have Such A Problem With People With Money" Dec 2, 2013 at 04:36 PM
J. Cole's "Rich Niggaz" was one of the highlights from Born Sinner, dealing with some fairly personal subject matter for the rapper. The track finds Cole expressing his frustration with those who grew up privileged, while he struggled financially.
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks3,514 Views27 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks2,975 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Sh*t, I Don't Go Outside"10,247 Views34 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown21,872 Views37 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts17,492 Views39 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son10,407 Views16 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.15,999 Views34 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"25,023 Views113 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 899 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery7,185 Views28 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,768 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue9,315 Views21 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 15,712 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way21,268 Views92 Comments
You may also like...