Sprite launched it's new documentary series with arguably the biggest man in rap right now, Drake, and it's following it up with a look at one of the genre's most influential figures. Nas will guest in the next doc, sharing knowledge of his long career.
Drake X Sprite are killing the branded content game today with the first installment of "Obey Your Thirst," courtesy of FADER.
Earlier this week, it was reported that Sprite was launching a new ad campaign that would feature some quotable rap lyrics on their pop cans, including lyrics from Drake, Nas, Biggie, and Rakim.
Sprite has always had a connection to rap music. As an advertiser, they were one of the first brands to promote their product with the assistance of rappers, and to specifically target an urban audience in so doing.
Drake & Nas To Perform Together At Sprite Concert Friday Night [Update: Drizzy Brings Out Kanye, Travi$ Scott & ILoveMakonnen] Feb 14, 2015 at 02:25am
All-Star weekend is definitely upon us. With Kanye West gracing the stage at tonight’s 1st Annual Roc City Classic Event, we now have word that Drake and Nas will be doing the same tomorrow night.
It would seem like a no brainer, rap and advertising belong together, but the ad industry didn't always recognize what hip-hop could really do for marketing. This all changed in the 1980s. Each side began realizing what the other could for them.
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"29,093 Views162 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss22,767 Views43 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 22,783 Views2 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal71,130 Views184 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release6,478 Views71 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 9,105 Views61 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students1,907 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 20158,318 Views25 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter6,654 Views23 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike2,806 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"7,180 Views16 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets12,009 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight14,226 Views40 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release10,700 Views28 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: A$AP Rocky Vs. ScHoolboy Q13,396 Views37 Comments
You may also like...
- JMSN "Need U" Video42 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting2,834 Views
- Miguel "Crazy Enough" Documentary778 Views