iLoveMakonnen is currently on tour with two of his trustiest collaborators, Key! and the venerable hitmaker Sonny Digital, and while on the road, he's sharing his journey with us via a vlog.
Since releasing his sophomore album, Honest, about a year ago, Future has been on a mixtape tear, sharing Monster last fall and the back-to-back heaters Beast Mode and 56 Nights this year.
Boosie Badazz's surprise new mixtape Every Ghetto Every City Vol. 1 serves primarily to give shine to the lesser-known members of Boosie's Bad Azz Music Syndicate -- B. Wil, J Dre, Juicy, Lee Banks, Money Bagz, OG Dre, and J Day.
You may not recognize the face, but you know the producer tag. Sonny Digital, who just received a Grammy nod for his work on iLoveMakonnen's "Tuesday," has been making hits since 2011, when YC and Future's "Racks" first broke out.
Last week we reported that iLoveMakonnen would be re-releasing his self-titled debut in an effort to capitalize on his recent OVO affiliation. Now, we've received a taste of what the new project has to offer.
A few weeks ago, Quality Control signee Rich The Kid offered up a remix of iLoveMakonnen's "I Don't Sell Molly No More," one of Makonnen's deepr cuts.
Someone once remarked that Chicago and Atlanta had replaced New York City and Los Angeles as the capitals of modern rap music. As blasphemous as that claim might seem, it’s 100% true in 2014.
Getting dropped from Def Jam hasn't slowed James' hustle one bit. In fact, he seems more focused now than ever before.
Carrying around a mannequin's head around and sounding like (according to a coworker) a mix between Lil B and Elton John may not initially inspire a lot of hype, but once you collaborate with Drake, people will be rushing to say they've been with it since day
The collective of rappers Two-9 saw their stock rise recently when it was formally announced that the crew had signed a deal with Mike WiLL Made It's Ear Drumma imprint/Interscope Records.
Atlanta's Que has been having a great year so far. Banking on the success of his breakout track "OG Bobby Johnson," he's released the successful Who Is Que EP and some subsequent remixes of the EP's tracks featuring Trinidad James and T.I.
One of the highlights on Que's recently-released Who Is Que EP was "Time," a banger produced by the always-on-point Sonny Digital. Now the song's gotten an official remix, with fellow ATLien Trinidad James providing a guest verse.
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)463 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff6,251 Views69 Comments
- Q&A With A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A." Co-Executive Producer Hector Delgado 2,313 Views6 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Teams Up With Adidas For New Football Cleats331 Views0 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces New Album "Buffet"3,423 Views16 Comments
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream47,113 Views214 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles12,906 Views51 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest4,041 Views13 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks7,501 Views13 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger5,285 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"20,759 Views76 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP2,082 Views8 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App9,842 Views23 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris2,710 Views14 Comments
You may also like...
- Lil Mama "Sausage" Video4,352 Views