Since releasing his sophomore album, Honest, about a year ago, Future has been on a mixtape tear, sharing Monster last fall and the back-to-back heaters Beast Mode and 56 Nights this year.
Boosie Badazz's surprise new mixtape Every Ghetto Every City Vol. 1 serves primarily to give shine to the lesser-known members of Boosie's Bad Azz Music Syndicate -- B. Wil, J Dre, Juicy, Lee Banks, Money Bagz, OG Dre, and J Day.
You may not recognize the face, but you know the producer tag. Sonny Digital, who just received a Grammy nod for his work on iLoveMakonnen's "Tuesday," has been making hits since 2011, when YC and Future's "Racks" first broke out.
Last week we reported that iLoveMakonnen would be re-releasing his self-titled debut in an effort to capitalize on his recent OVO affiliation. Now, we've received a taste of what the new project has to offer.
A few weeks ago, Quality Control signee Rich The Kid offered up a remix of iLoveMakonnen's "I Don't Sell Molly No More," one of Makonnen's deepr cuts.
Someone once remarked that Chicago and Atlanta had replaced New York City and Los Angeles as the capitals of modern rap music. As blasphemous as that claim might seem, it’s 100% true in 2014.
Getting dropped from Def Jam hasn't slowed James' hustle one bit. In fact, he seems more focused now than ever before.
Carrying around a mannequin's head around and sounding like (according to a coworker) a mix between Lil B and Elton John may not initially inspire a lot of hype, but once you collaborate with Drake, people will be rushing to say they've been with it since day
The collective of rappers Two-9 saw their stock rise recently when it was formally announced that the crew had signed a deal with Mike WiLL Made It's Ear Drumma imprint/Interscope Records.
Atlanta's Que has been having a great year so far. Banking on the success of his breakout track "OG Bobby Johnson," he's released the successful Who Is Que EP and some subsequent remixes of the EP's tracks featuring Trinidad James and T.I.
One of the highlights on Que's recently-released Who Is Que EP was "Time," a banger produced by the always-on-point Sonny Digital. Now the song's gotten an official remix, with fellow ATLien Trinidad James providing a guest verse.
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"709 Views10 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight8,665 Views11 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"10,373 Views61 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather22,947 Views31 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date51,520 Views116 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now16,237 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"4,229 Views25 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"5,359 Views25 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party3,900 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,692 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness8,965 Views52 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best9,111 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million7,462 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande34,595 Views120 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray6,505 Views22 Comments