Two weeks after the tragic death of Sean Price, Duck Down CEO Dru Ha published his eulogy for the fallen emcee. Having just released Price's posthumous album Songs in the Key of Price this week, Ha reflected on Price's temperament on the mic.
The late Sean Price bids adieu with Songs in the Key of Price, fittingly named after one of the greatest albums of all time, Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life.
Earlier this month, news that Sean Price had passed away broke, leaving rap fans and artists alike mourning the loss of one of the genre's greats.
Sean Price's death came as a huge shock over the weekend-- the 43-year old rapper reportedly passed away in his sleep, although the details surrounding his death are still unknown at this time.
It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Statik Selektah is one of those producers who doesn't discriminate when it comes to OGs and newcomers. He's just as likely to work with Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, or Your Old Droog as he is Eminem or Onyx.
After hitting us with the track “Garbanzo Beans”a couple weeks ago, Sean Price decides to return today with another new offering for us called “
After hitting us with the track “Go Rambo” a couple months back, Sean Price decides to return today with another new offering for us called “Garbanzo Beans”.
Sean Price has been in the game for a minute, but when he shows up with a new track, it's always on point. His latest has him rapping alongside Foul Monday and Royal Flush, on a dar, lyrical record.
Next week, Skyzoo and Torae will release their joint project Barrel Brothers. With contributions from DJ Premier, !llmind, Jahlil Beats, Black Milk, Sean Price, Blu, Guilty Simpson, Oh No and more, it's sure to be a great listen.
Stream Coalmine Records' New "Unearthed" LP, Featuring Blu, Royce da 5'9", Kool G Rap, Pharoahe Monch, Sean Price And More May 13, 2014 at 07:00pm
For those unfamiliar, Coalmine Records is an independent hip-hop record label based in Brooklyn, New York City, a borough that has birthed countless rap classics and is widely considered the Mecca of the genre.
We haven't had a leak from Sean Price in a minute, since he dropped the hilariously-titled "N*ggerific" back in December, which you can stream here if you missed it.
After dropping off the single “Have A Nice Day” a few weeks ago, Black Rob is back with another track for the fans.
- Stream Travis Scott's Debut Album "Rodeo"10,914 Views137 Comments
- Jay Rock's "90059" Dropping Tonight?15,980 Views123 Comments
- Casey Veggies Reveals Tracklist For "Live & Grow"6,229 Views19 Comments
- #TBT: Swizz Beatz-Produced Bangers4,116 Views20 Comments
- Rihanna Models For Dior Magazine4,522 Views19 Comments
- Lil Herb Signs Deal With Cinematic Music Group14,933 Views30 Comments
- Rick Ross Reveals "Black Dollar" Tracklist22,262 Views54 Comments
- 10 Times Rappers Were Banned From Countries8,089 Views16 Comments
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Tom Brady, Lifts 4-Game Suspension3,259 Views0 Comments
- A "Welcome To Death Row" Film Is Being Shopped Around13,044 Views39 Comments
- Janet Jackson Reveals "Unbreakable" Cover Art, Tracklist & Release Date4,375 Views21 Comments
- Migos Annnounce "Back To The Bando"8,579 Views23 Comments
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"10,105 Views49 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival5,233 Views26 Comments