Kendrick Lamar Speaks On New Single "i" [Update: Full Interview With Power 106 Added] Sep 24, 2014 at 09:54am
Kendrick Lamar made sure we started off our day on a positive note, with the release of his new single "i." We say positive note, because even though the song may not be what you were expecting, there's no denying that it contains an inspirational message.
Coming up with the right supporting beats and melody in a hip-hop track can be extremely challenging. Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make an original beat.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
Nicki Minaj's new The Pink Print single "Anaconda" was originally supposed to be released on July 28th, but following the artwork hype the rapper announced a pushback, saying that it would arrive on iTunes on August 4th.
One of the most interesting moments on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly comes in the lengthy closer, "Mortal Man," when he simulates a conversation with Tupac by sampling a rare interview with the West Coast legend.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
When sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues.
Eminem took things back to basics on his new LP. The Detroit rapper recruited one of Hip Hop's pioneers, Rick Rubin, to help him channel some classic sounds and ideas, many of which came through sampling.
Big Sean's G.O.O.D. Music album Hall Of Fame has been out long enough at this point for us all to properly digest it.
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
T.I. dropped "Memories Back Then" earlier this year, but has now revealed that it originally contained a sample from last years smash hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye.
In the past months there have been several lawsuits against hip hop artists for illegally using samples, and now Cash Money Records – no stranger to lawsuits themselves – are under fire from a 1970s group who claims the label
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark6,291 Views24 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"11,021 Views40 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece26,118 Views43 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 233,546 Views1 Comment
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak45,273 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"3,162 Views17 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women74,686 Views117 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay18,409 Views55 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco41,550 Views52 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,772 Views16 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity10,364 Views52 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend15,843 Views18 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,426 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2319,295 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums9,276 Views16 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video903 Views