Kendrick Lamar Speaks On New Single "i" [Update: Full Interview With Power 106 Added] Sep 24, 2014 at 09:54am
Kendrick Lamar made sure we started off our day on a positive note, with the release of his new single "i." We say positive note, because even though the song may not be what you were expecting, there's no denying that it contains an inspirational message.
Coming up with the right supporting beats and melody in a hip-hop track can be extremely challenging. Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make an original beat.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
Nicki Minaj's new The Pink Print single "Anaconda" was originally supposed to be released on July 28th, but following the artwork hype the rapper announced a pushback, saying that it would arrive on iTunes on August 4th.
Jay Z is being sued over a sample from his 2000 hit single, "Big Pimpin'," and while he couldn't stop the case from going to court he is trying to keep things as controlled as he can.
One of the most interesting moments on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly comes in the lengthy closer, "Mortal Man," when he simulates a conversation with Tupac by sampling a rare interview with the West Coast legend.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
When sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues.
Big Sean's G.O.O.D. Music album Hall Of Fame has been out long enough at this point for us all to properly digest it.
On May 26, 1926, Miles Davis was born in small-town Illinois. He would go on to change the course of music with a nearly 50-year career centered in jazz.
We are in the midst of a mini-Nina Simone revival.
Eminem took things back to basics on his new LP. The Detroit rapper recruited one of Hip Hop's pioneers, Rick Rubin, to help him channel some classic sounds and ideas, many of which came through sampling.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
T.I. dropped "Memories Back Then" earlier this year, but has now revealed that it originally contained a sample from last years smash hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye.
In the past months there have been several lawsuits against hip hop artists for illegally using samples, and now Cash Money Records – no stranger to lawsuits themselves – are under fire from a 1970s group who claims the label
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month0 Views0 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks2,734 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped19,924 Views92 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20152,976 Views17 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"10,778 Views122 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments14,325 Views150 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?7,315 Views38 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"2,840 Views17 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama2,971 Views26 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title12,635 Views60 Comments
- Kanye West Says People Who Act Like They Don't Like The Yeezy Boosts Are Racist5,725 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna Covers Vanity Fair; Talks Past Relationship With Chris Brown & More13,891 Views42 Comments
- Top Tracks: September 28 - October 419,920 Views30 Comments
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Bail Yet Again, Trial Set For 201635,161 Views159 Comments