On May 26, 1926, Miles Davis was born in small-town Illinois. He would go on to change the course of music with a nearly 50-year career centered in jazz.
One of the most interesting moments on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly comes in the lengthy closer, "Mortal Man," when he simulates a conversation with Tupac by sampling a rare interview with the West Coast legend.
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On New Single "i" [Update: Full Interview With Power 106 Added] Sep 24, 2014 at 09:54am
Kendrick Lamar made sure we started off our day on a positive note, with the release of his new single "i." We say positive note, because even though the song may not be what you were expecting, there's no denying that it contains an inspirational message.
Nicki Minaj's new The Pink Print single "Anaconda" was originally supposed to be released on July 28th, but following the artwork hype the rapper announced a pushback, saying that it would arrive on iTunes on August 4th.
When sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues.
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
Eminem took things back to basics on his new LP. The Detroit rapper recruited one of Hip Hop's pioneers, Rick Rubin, to help him channel some classic sounds and ideas, many of which came through sampling.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
Big Sean's G.O.O.D. Music album Hall Of Fame has been out long enough at this point for us all to properly digest it.
Coming up with the right supporting beats and melody in a hip-hop track can be extremely challenging. Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make an original beat.
T.I. dropped "Memories Back Then" earlier this year, but has now revealed that it originally contained a sample from last years smash hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye.
In the past months there have been several lawsuits against hip hop artists for illegally using samples, and now Cash Money Records – no stranger to lawsuits themselves – are under fire from a 1970s group who claims the label
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"1,883 Views8 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast1,550 Views1 Comment
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon2,536 Views8 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour3,370 Views14 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1140 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance10,759 Views68 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"10,699 Views145 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance11,217 Views25 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm14,832 Views151 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest852 Views4 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 9,454 Views26 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall3,923 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”29,817 Views146 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail33,732 Views90 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder25,463 Views71 Comments
You may also like...