One of the most interesting moments on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly comes in the lengthy closer, "Mortal Man," when he simulates a conversation with Tupac by sampling a rare interview with the West Coast legend.
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On New Single "i" [Update: Full Interview With Power 106 Added] Sep 24, 2014 at 09:54 AM
Kendrick Lamar made sure we started off our day on a positive note, with the release of his new single "i." We say positive note, because even though the song may not be what you were expecting, there's no denying that it contains an inspirational message.
Nicki Minaj's new The Pink Print single "Anaconda" was originally supposed to be released on July 28th, but following the artwork hype the rapper announced a pushback, saying that it would arrive on iTunes on August 4th.
When sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues.
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
Eminem took things back to basics on his new LP. The Detroit rapper recruited one of Hip Hop's pioneers, Rick Rubin, to help him channel some classic sounds and ideas, many of which came through sampling.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
Big Sean's G.O.O.D. Music album Hall Of Fame has been out long enough at this point for us all to properly digest it.
Coming up with the right supporting beats and melody in a hip-hop track can be extremely challenging. Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make an original beat.
T.I. dropped "Memories Back Then" earlier this year, but has now revealed that it originally contained a sample from last years smash hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye.
In the past months there have been several lawsuits against hip hop artists for illegally using samples, and now Cash Money Records – no stranger to lawsuits themselves – are under fire from a 1970s group who claims the label
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"1,665 Views10 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 136 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery1,419 Views14 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"2,230 Views12 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue4,231 Views13 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 8,613 Views26 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way10,271 Views64 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 287,627 Views32 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month5,304 Views17 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1008,178 Views84 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 4,262 Views29 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video4,558 Views18 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,525 Views8 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"4,473 Views17 Comments