One of the most interesting moments on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly comes in the lengthy closer, "Mortal Man," when he simulates a conversation with Tupac by sampling a rare interview with the West Coast legend.
Kendrick Lamar Speaks On New Single "i" [Update: Full Interview With Power 106 Added] Sep 24, 2014 at 09:54am
Kendrick Lamar made sure we started off our day on a positive note, with the release of his new single "i." We say positive note, because even though the song may not be what you were expecting, there's no denying that it contains an inspirational message.
Nicki Minaj's new The Pink Print single "Anaconda" was originally supposed to be released on July 28th, but following the artwork hype the rapper announced a pushback, saying that it would arrive on iTunes on August 4th.
When sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues.
Kanye West's "Bound 2" was definitely one of the more well-received tracks off Yeezus, thus Ye has gone ahead to push it as his next single. However, it looks like the track is facing some legal trouble, as a former child star is suing Yeezy over a sample.
Eminem took things back to basics on his new LP. The Detroit rapper recruited one of Hip Hop's pioneers, Rick Rubin, to help him channel some classic sounds and ideas, many of which came through sampling.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
The songwriting process in rap can sometimes be hard to follow. With the use of sampling, and the genre's increasingly collaborative production methods, breaking down the construction of songs can become convoluted.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
Big Sean's G.O.O.D. Music album Hall Of Fame has been out long enough at this point for us all to properly digest it.
Coming up with the right supporting beats and melody in a hip-hop track can be extremely challenging. Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make an original beat.
T.I. dropped "Memories Back Then" earlier this year, but has now revealed that it originally contained a sample from last years smash hit "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye.
In the past months there have been several lawsuits against hip hop artists for illegally using samples, and now Cash Money Records – no stranger to lawsuits themselves – are under fire from a 1970s group who claims the label
- Victim in Suge Knight Hit-And-Run Incident Blames Self For Terry Carter's Death8,209 Views30 Comments
- TIDAL Just Sacked Its CEO30,497 Views77 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 11 - April 172,775 Views1 Comment
- 10 Essential Father Tracks5,783 Views15 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork11,967 Views26 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans3,823 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling2,445 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 188,247 Views29 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges11,987 Views28 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"4,317 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)10,655 Views11 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party7,525 Views10 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked6,474 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)4,775 Views18 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August48,065 Views201 Comments
You may also like...
- Told Y'all298 Views