Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
Mariah Carey is among the best-selling artists of all-time, but her newest album will not likely push her any further up the list. The album, which sports a mouthful of a title, Me.
Iggy Azalea had a hard time finding a single to connect with audiences. The rapper experienced many delays of her debut album The New Classic, and much of that can probably be attributed to her singles' underwhelming performances.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
Despite having big tracks like "Lookin' Ass" and "Trophies" attached to it, Young Money's Rise Of An Empire, much like the Rich Gang compilation before it, suffered from a lack of promotion.
YG just released his debut album today, and the sales projections for the project are already in. My Krazy Life, which was released on Def Jam, is expected to do reasonable numbers this week, predicted to move about 45-55,000 units.
Young Money's new album, Young Money: Rise Of An Empire officially dropped today, without very much buzz or noise. Perhaps the somewhat flat tracklist, with a lack of big names attached to it, is to blame for this.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" & Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" First Week Sales Projections Feb 26, 2014 at 03:25pm
With both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight out now (although the latter is only out digitally), we've received first week sales projections for each.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked8,603 Views26 Comments
- Mac Miller's 3rd Studio Album Is Done5,729 Views58 Comments
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend1,897 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks8,162 Views35 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"2,503 Views14 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"2,975 Views48 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era4,972 Views19 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 5,605 Views35 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack7,294 Views16 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company4,202 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once5,037 Views14 Comments
- iHeart Radio Music Festival Taps Kanye West, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne & More5,715 Views8 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces "Buffet" Album Release Date3,870 Views22 Comments
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?22,095 Views41 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview69,976 Views87 Comments