Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
Mariah Carey is among the best-selling artists of all-time, but her newest album will not likely push her any further up the list. The album, which sports a mouthful of a title, Me.
Iggy Azalea had a hard time finding a single to connect with audiences. The rapper experienced many delays of her debut album The New Classic, and much of that can probably be attributed to her singles' underwhelming performances.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
Despite having big tracks like "Lookin' Ass" and "Trophies" attached to it, Young Money's Rise Of An Empire, much like the Rich Gang compilation before it, suffered from a lack of promotion.
YG just released his debut album today, and the sales projections for the project are already in. My Krazy Life, which was released on Def Jam, is expected to do reasonable numbers this week, predicted to move about 45-55,000 units.
Young Money's new album, Young Money: Rise Of An Empire officially dropped today, without very much buzz or noise. Perhaps the somewhat flat tracklist, with a lack of big names attached to it, is to blame for this.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" & Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" First Week Sales Projections Feb 26, 2014 at 03:25pm
With both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight out now (although the latter is only out digitally), we've received first week sales projections for each.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Welp. Angel Haze took her music career into her own hands this past December when she decided to leak her own album, Dirty Gold, after her label apparently refused to release it on the date she wanted.
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour562 Views3 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today620 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2812,833 Views11 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K17,743 Views40 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"12,060 Views33 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music8,292 Views42 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol14,980 Views37 Comments
- Stream Main Attrakionz "808s & Dark Grapes III" & Read Our Interview With The Duo3,868 Views2 Comments
- Dwyane Wade Opts Out Of His Contract With The Miami Heat, Will Become A Free Agent3,194 Views0 Comments
- Method Man Reveals "The Meth Lab" Tracklist5,979 Views22 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bailed On BET Awards After He Was Cut From Main Stage18,121 Views42 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Shades Britney Spears Over Lacklustre "Pretty Girls" Single11,517 Views36 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Young Thug Vs. Rich Homie Quan13,815 Views33 Comments
- Forbes' Highest-Paid Celebrities List Features Diddy, Jay Z, Drake & More25,220 Views48 Comments
- Stream The Internet's Album "Ego Death"4,262 Views5 Comments