Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Welp. Angel Haze took her music career into her own hands this past December when she decided to leak her own album, Dirty Gold, after her label apparently refused to release it on the date she wanted.
With the holiday season winding down, we're still seeing the affect it had on the charts and the sales. It seems like almost everyone on today's Charts round-up had an increase in sales and a rise up the Billboard 200 in the past seven days except for B.o.B.
Drake's "All Me" Goes Gold [Update: "Hold On, We're Going Home" 2x Platinum] Dec 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Drake is no stranger to the plaques at this point. His album is Platinum went platinum only a few weeks after release, and its first two singles, "Started From The Bottom," and "Hold On We're Going Home" have each gone double platinum.
Beyonce's New Album Sold 80,000 Copies In 3 Hours [Update: First Week Sales Projections Are High] Dec 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Jay Z hit us with some #NewRules earlier this year, but with the surprise launch of her self-titled album, Beyonce has introduced some #NewerRules-- and they're certainly working in her favor.
This week nothing major dropped in terms of hip-hop. Nonetheless, overall album sales went up by 42%. To what can we blame this spike in sales? It would be safe to say Black Friday, which is basically the commencement of the holiday season/shopping frenzy.
Jhene Aiko's come-up certainly accelerated this year. With some big features on tracks from Big Sean and Drake, Jhene got her name out in a big way, and the projections for Sail Out reflect that.
As expected, Eminem did some big numbers for the opening week of Marshall Mathers LP 2. The album was projected to sell 700,000 to 750,000, and if the initial numbers are correct, he did even better than projected.
Eminem narrowly edged out the Beatles to become the best selling artist of the last decade, and it seems he's still competing with the band, now matching a Billboard record previously set by the fab four.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
Despite the mixed reception of his new album, Justin Timberlake is still winning. The singer still holds the highest debut of the year for the 20/20 Experience, and has topped the charts once again with part 2 of the endeavor.
Justin Timberlake's follow-up to his enormous come-back effort, The 20/20 Experience, won't be following up when it comes to numbers. The sales projections for The 20/20 Experience 2 are in, and it's looking like less than half of the original did.
Drake's Nothing Was The Same has met expectations, and debuted at number one on the Billboard charts this week. The album has sold 658,179 units, which is just slightly more than Drizzy's last project, Take Care, moved in its first week.
Many people were wondering if Drake would be able to break the 1 million mark in sales with his new album Nothing Was The Same. The sales projections for the first week are in today, and it seems he's not quite there yet.
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks4,343 Views31 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks3,299 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Sh*t, I Don't Go Outside"10,867 Views36 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown23,028 Views37 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts18,273 Views40 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son10,695 Views16 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.16,655 Views34 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"25,421 Views113 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,633 Views8 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 916 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery7,320 Views28 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,817 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue9,428 Views21 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 15,894 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way21,530 Views93 Comments
You may also like...
- My N**gaz174 Views