This week Trey Songz's Trigga makes its debut on the Billboard 200 at #1, giving Trey his second #1 album in a row, following up Chapter V. Although Chapter V sold more records in its opening week (135k), Trigga came close under it with 105k.
Robin Thicke's New Album "Paula" Sold 530 Copies In UK [Update: 54 Copies Sold In Australia] Jul 11, 2014 at 10:18am
By now you're probably aware that Robin Thicke's Paula hasn't turned out to be quite as impressive as 2013's Blurred Lines, in terms of both album sales and reviews, but over in the UK, it failed even more miserably.
Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
Mariah Carey is among the best-selling artists of all-time, but her newest album will not likely push her any further up the list. The album, which sports a mouthful of a title, Me.
Iggy Azalea had a hard time finding a single to connect with audiences. The rapper experienced many delays of her debut album The New Classic, and much of that can probably be attributed to her singles' underwhelming performances.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
Despite having big tracks like "Lookin' Ass" and "Trophies" attached to it, Young Money's Rise Of An Empire, much like the Rich Gang compilation before it, suffered from a lack of promotion.
YG just released his debut album today, and the sales projections for the project are already in. My Krazy Life, which was released on Def Jam, is expected to do reasonable numbers this week, predicted to move about 45-55,000 units.
Young Money's new album, Young Money: Rise Of An Empire officially dropped today, without very much buzz or noise. Perhaps the somewhat flat tracklist, with a lack of big names attached to it, is to blame for this.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" & Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" First Week Sales Projections Feb 26, 2014 at 03:25pm
With both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight out now (although the latter is only out digitally), we've received first week sales projections for each.
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square3,523 Views16 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape3,011 Views10 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More3,554 Views15 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL7,464 Views28 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women7,735 Views35 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"9,497 Views38 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review5,720 Views28 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram7,190 Views13 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party8,640 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,072 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover4,741 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,337 Views6 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,436 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?20,497 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title31,624 Views69 Comments
You may also like...