This week the race between T.I. and Logic for the top spot on the Billboard 200 comes to a close. Many fans have been anticipating the competition between the OG and the newcomer, and the final tally finds Tip coming out ahead by less than 10,000 copies.
This week we're finding several new entries in the Billboard 200, although nothing took over the #1 spot. Keyshia Cole actually comes out on top this week, debuting at #9, moving 25,000 copies opening week.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
This week we welcome Jeezy onto the Billboard 200, with his Seen It All album debuting successfully at #2. He wasn't able to trump the pop-power that is Maroon 5, nonetheless he did move more than projected.
Jeezy just dropped off a crazy remix to "Holy Ghost" with Kendrick Lamar, which will definitely do a good job at increasing the awareness of his new album Seen It All. Although, if you're not already aware of it, where ya been?
Our weekly "Charts Don't Lie" feature follows the rise and fall of various hip-hop and R&B albums' sales, and one of the recent mainstays on there has been Pharrell's hugely successful sophomore album, G I R L.
This week we see one new entry below, belonging to October's Very Own's PARTYNEXTDOOR. The r'n'b singer is relatively new, having released his first official mixtape PARTYNEXTDOOR just last summer.
As an actor, Common has definitely been in some major mainstream flicks and get his due recognition for it. As a rapper, Common borders on the underground/conscious scene, although he's not fully immersed in it because he does do double duty acting.
This week we see Trey Songz maintain a spot within the Billboard 200's top 10, although he fell from the grace of #1. We're also seeing just how quickly Robin Thicke's Paula is going to fall off, as it already finds itself nearing the edge of the top 50.
This week Trey Songz's Trigga makes its debut on the Billboard 200 at #1, giving Trey his second #1 album in a row, following up Chapter V. Although Chapter V sold more records in its opening week (135k), Trigga came close under it with 105k.
- Two People Shot Outside Of J Cole’s Concert In New Jersey Monday Night5,239 Views23 Comments
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"113,673 Views335 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss43,839 Views60 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 25,456 Views5 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal82,624 Views191 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release9,712 Views86 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 14,133 Views69 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students2,764 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 201512,355 Views27 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter10,841 Views25 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike3,393 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"10,063 Views19 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets14,389 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight16,813 Views42 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release13,000 Views28 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Performs "Back To Back" At OVO Fest2,935 Views
- JMSN "Need U" Video675 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting4,378 Views