This week we only have one new entry so to speak of, and it's r'n'b/pop singer Jennifer Hudson with her newly-released JHUD. The album didn't do very much damage on the charts, but it still enters within the Billboard's top 10.
Lecrae is on the way to becoming a household name, which is a feat for a rapper, let alone a Christian rapper. The rapper made an impressive debut this past week, with Anomaly topping the Billboard 200 and selling just under 100k, with 88,000.
This week we welcome Jeezy onto the Billboard 200, with his Seen It All album debuting successfully at #2. He wasn't able to trump the pop-power that is Maroon 5, nonetheless he did move more than projected.
Jeezy just dropped off a crazy remix to "Holy Ghost" with Kendrick Lamar, which will definitely do a good job at increasing the awareness of his new album Seen It All. Although, if you're not already aware of it, where ya been?
Our weekly "Charts Don't Lie" feature follows the rise and fall of various hip-hop and R&B albums' sales, and one of the recent mainstays on there has been Pharrell's hugely successful sophomore album, G I R L.
This week we see one new entry below, belonging to October's Very Own's PARTYNEXTDOOR. The r'n'b singer is relatively new, having released his first official mixtape PARTYNEXTDOOR just last summer.
As an actor, Common has definitely been in some major mainstream flicks and get his due recognition for it. As a rapper, Common borders on the underground/conscious scene, although he's not fully immersed in it because he does do double duty acting.
This week we see Trey Songz maintain a spot within the Billboard 200's top 10, although he fell from the grace of #1. We're also seeing just how quickly Robin Thicke's Paula is going to fall off, as it already finds itself nearing the edge of the top 50.
This week Trey Songz's Trigga makes its debut on the Billboard 200 at #1, giving Trey his second #1 album in a row, following up Chapter V. Although Chapter V sold more records in its opening week (135k), Trigga came close under it with 105k.
Robin Thicke's New Album "Paula" Sold 530 Copies In UK [Update: 54 Copies Sold In Australia] Jul 11, 2014 at 10:18am
By now you're probably aware that Robin Thicke's Paula hasn't turned out to be quite as impressive as 2013's Blurred Lines, in terms of both album sales and reviews, but over in the UK, it failed even more miserably.
Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"6,839 Views24 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight617 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"1,009 Views6 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"17,954 Views135 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall2,762 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"6,476 Views54 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram20,389 Views58 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,114 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)4,805 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney6,802 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music9,118 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"17,551 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast12,941 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon15,715 Views36 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour19,134 Views34 Comments
You may also like...