Robin Thicke's New Album "Paula" Sold 530 Copies In UK [Update: 54 Copies Sold In Australia] Jul 11, 2014 at 10:18am
By now you're probably aware that Robin Thicke's Paula hasn't turned out to be quite as impressive as 2013's Blurred Lines, in terms of both album sales and reviews, but over in the UK, it failed even more miserably.
Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
Mariah Carey is among the best-selling artists of all-time, but her newest album will not likely push her any further up the list. The album, which sports a mouthful of a title, Me.
Iggy Azalea had a hard time finding a single to connect with audiences. The rapper experienced many delays of her debut album The New Classic, and much of that can probably be attributed to her singles' underwhelming performances.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
Despite having big tracks like "Lookin' Ass" and "Trophies" attached to it, Young Money's Rise Of An Empire, much like the Rich Gang compilation before it, suffered from a lack of promotion.
YG just released his debut album today, and the sales projections for the project are already in. My Krazy Life, which was released on Def Jam, is expected to do reasonable numbers this week, predicted to move about 45-55,000 units.
Young Money's new album, Young Money: Rise Of An Empire officially dropped today, without very much buzz or noise. Perhaps the somewhat flat tracklist, with a lack of big names attached to it, is to blame for this.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" & Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" First Week Sales Projections Feb 26, 2014 at 03:25pm
With both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight out now (although the latter is only out digitally), we've received first week sales projections for each.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
- Drake Says He Hasn't "Taken A Loss" All Week14,887 Views102 Comments
- Underrated Audio: July 26- August 11,399 Views2 Comments
- Remy Ma Shares Thoughts On One Year Anniversary Of Her Release From Prison3,098 Views11 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 1st7,670 Views26 Comments
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 9,019 Views33 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)5,283 Views8 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week41,027 Views217 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker6,874 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash18,030 Views52 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's Lollapalooza Set Cut After He Told Fans To Jump The Barricade27,444 Views54 Comments
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill19,014 Views55 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash19,765 Views34 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music51,986 Views222 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"3,713 Views11 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series4,805 Views17 Comments
You may also like...