50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
Mariah Carey is among the best-selling artists of all-time, but her newest album will not likely push her any further up the list. The album, which sports a mouthful of a title, Me.
Iggy Azalea had a hard time finding a single to connect with audiences. The rapper experienced many delays of her debut album The New Classic, and much of that can probably be attributed to her singles' underwhelming performances.
This week the hip-hop underground proves you don't need to be mainstream to top the Billboard 200, at least these days. Two mainstays within the underground movement debuted within the top 10 of the Billboard charts this week.
We're still awaiting the albums of both Iggy Azalea and Future to enter the charts, but this week we've got two new entries coming from August Alsina's Testimony and Dizzy Wright's State Of Mind EP.
Despite having big tracks like "Lookin' Ass" and "Trophies" attached to it, Young Money's Rise Of An Empire, much like the Rich Gang compilation before it, suffered from a lack of promotion.
YG just released his debut album today, and the sales projections for the project are already in. My Krazy Life, which was released on Def Jam, is expected to do reasonable numbers this week, predicted to move about 45-55,000 units.
Young Money's new album, Young Money: Rise Of An Empire officially dropped today, without very much buzz or noise. Perhaps the somewhat flat tracklist, with a lack of big names attached to it, is to blame for this.
ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron" & Kid Cudi's "Satellite Flight" First Week Sales Projections Feb 26, 2014 at 03:25pm
With both ScHoolboy Q's Oxymoron and Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight out now (although the latter is only out digitally), we've received first week sales projections for each.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
This week the charts remained relatively calm, with no hip-hop new-comers to speak of yet. However, Ty Dolla $ign recently dropped his new Beach House EP, so we'll have to see how well that does sales-wise next week.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Welp. Angel Haze took her music career into her own hands this past December when she decided to leak her own album, Dirty Gold, after her label apparently refused to release it on the date she wanted.
- Miguel Clarifies Frank Ocean Statement6,320 Views22 Comments
- The Game Says Dr. Dre Called "The Documentary 2" The Best Rap Album In 5 Years18,391 Views215 Comments
- The 10 Best Nina Simone Samples In Hip Hop4,416 Views3 Comments
- First Week Sales Numbers For Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"28,259 Views128 Comments
- Kidd Kidd Released From Jail6,328 Views26 Comments
- Diddy Reportedly Preparing "No Way Out 2" As His Final Album7,678 Views24 Comments
- Lil Wayne’s Best Pop Culture References In "FWA"15,191 Views126 Comments
- Nick Young Says Blake Griffin Is 'Too Beige' To Star In The Next Space Jam Movie3,468 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Calls Rick Ross Kidnapping Charges "Bullshit"13,690 Views27 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Was 2 Hours Late To Her Wireless Festival Set9,435 Views21 Comments
- Miguel Believes He Makes "Better Music" Than Frank Ocean12,971 Views111 Comments
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season4,159 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram22,339 Views74 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist7,491 Views8 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art10,196 Views51 Comments
You may also like...
- M.I.A. Previews New Music421 Views