This week we welcome Jeezy onto the Billboard 200, with his Seen It All album debuting successfully at #2. He wasn't able to trump the pop-power that is Maroon 5, nonetheless he did move more than projected.
Jeezy just dropped off a crazy remix to "Holy Ghost" with Kendrick Lamar, which will definitely do a good job at increasing the awareness of his new album Seen It All. Although, if you're not already aware of it, where ya been?
Our weekly "Charts Don't Lie" feature follows the rise and fall of various hip-hop and R&B albums' sales, and one of the recent mainstays on there has been Pharrell's hugely successful sophomore album, G I R L.
This week we see one new entry below, belonging to October's Very Own's PARTYNEXTDOOR. The r'n'b singer is relatively new, having released his first official mixtape PARTYNEXTDOOR just last summer.
As an actor, Common has definitely been in some major mainstream flicks and get his due recognition for it. As a rapper, Common borders on the underground/conscious scene, although he's not fully immersed in it because he does do double duty acting.
This week we see Trey Songz maintain a spot within the Billboard 200's top 10, although he fell from the grace of #1. We're also seeing just how quickly Robin Thicke's Paula is going to fall off, as it already finds itself nearing the edge of the top 50.
This week Trey Songz's Trigga makes its debut on the Billboard 200 at #1, giving Trey his second #1 album in a row, following up Chapter V. Although Chapter V sold more records in its opening week (135k), Trigga came close under it with 105k.
Robin Thicke's New Album "Paula" Sold 530 Copies In UK [Update: 54 Copies Sold In Australia] Jul 11, 2014 at 10:18am
By now you're probably aware that Robin Thicke's Paula hasn't turned out to be quite as impressive as 2013's Blurred Lines, in terms of both album sales and reviews, but over in the UK, it failed even more miserably.
Last week we saw r'n'b/pop take over the Billboard 200, and this week we finally see the return of rap to some of the top spots within the Billboard 200. Impressively, G-Eazy's third studio album comes in highest this week nabbing the #3 spot.
According to Billboard.com, Nielsen SoundScan’s R&B/Hip Hop charts reports that album sales for R&B/Hip Hop are down 19 percent from this time last year. In 2013, 23.7 million albums were sold as opposed to this year’s 19.13 million.
50 Cent entered the Billboard 200 this week, with Animal Ambition moving more than the projected amount, although it's still not the numbers Fif used to do. It's independent numbers though, with a showing of 47,000 units.
This week our one new entry belongs to Mariah Carey, who recently released her umpteeth album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. While the sales show she doesn't quite have that star power she once did, it's still a respectable debut of #3.
Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is about to begin a summer takeover, if the Billboard charts are any indication. The rapper's lead single from The New Classic reached new heights this week, as it obtained the #1 spot on the Hot 100, making it Iggy's first #1 single.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title4,504 Views62 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit9,917 Views15 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"10,577 Views53 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine9,250 Views128 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month9,324 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks8,704 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped64,912 Views193 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20158,455 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"22,291 Views151 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments27,214 Views201 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?12,136 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"4,187 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,967 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title16,115 Views64 Comments