After selling 334,000 pure albums in week one, Drake and Future's WATTBA reportedly sold 65,000 albums in week 2, an 81% decline in sales. Looks like it's gonna be a while before it goes platinum...
After dominating the singles chart for the last few months, Fetty Wap is officially taking over the Billboard 200, with his self-titled debut landing at the number one spot in its first week. Fetty Wap surpassed already high expectations by moving 12
Last week belonged to Drake and Future, and while their numbers didn't live up to the inflated projections, they still managed to keep Lana Del Rey, Mac Miller, and the persistent Beauty Behind The Madness out of the top spot.
Drake has kept the hits coming over the last few years, and Billboard has been keeping track. Today, it was announced that Drizzy had landed his 100th entry on the Hot 100 chart.In fact he landed his 93rd, 94th, 95th...
Fetty Wap gave us a quite a scare earlier today when he was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. Thankfully, Fetty seems to have escaped with non-life-threatening injuries.
First Week Sales For Drake & Future's "What A Time To Be Alive", Mac Miller's "GO:OD AM" Sep 25, 2015 at 04:27pm
The first week sales for Drake and Future's internet-dominating WATTBA have arrived.
The first week numbers for Jay Rock's overdue 90059 album have arrived. The album was slated to move 15k-18k opening week, which includes streams. He's landed right in the middle of that projection, after selling 16,012 copies opening week.
Jay Rock and TDE CEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith had unorthodox strategy for the 90059 rollout, waiting until a satisfactory number of people had pre-ordered the album before releasing it on September 11th. The first week sales projections are now in...
The big success story this week is The Weeknd. We really should have seen it coming. Abel has had four singles floating on the Hot 100 for the last little while, and going into this week he had the number one song in the country.
"Straight Outta Compton" had a historic opening weekend, kept the momentum up through week two, and now it has topped the box office for the third consecutive week, pulling in an estimated $13.2 million.
The Weeknd had an ideal ramp up in advance of Beauty Behind the Madness, putting out some monster records in "Earned It," "The Hills," & "Can't Feel My Face" (plus appearing on Ariana Grande's megahit "Love Me Harder") that elevated the publ
After garnering $24.2 million at the box office on Friday, "Straight Outta Compton" closed out its opening weekend with $56.1 million in sales.
First week sales numbers are in for Dr. Dre's Compton: The Soundtrack. The album moved 278,558 units, slightly surpassing the projected number of 260,000-275,000 units.
As if Drake really needs another ego boost, but his surprise mixtape-album If You're Reading This It's Too Late has officially gone platinum.
Even when a project is only tangentially connected to Eminem, it tends to sell. Em's executive-production of the soundtrack for Southpaw (as well as some exclusive material) has earned it an admirable debut at number four on the Billboard 200.
Dr. Dre's Compton: The Soundtrack dropped Friday, his first album in 16 years and his "grand finale," and as you might expect it is projected to do huge numbers its first week.
The #FutureHive has proved that internet hype can very much inspire actual album sales, as DS2 soars to number one, giving Hendrix not only his first number one, but doubling the sales of Honest.
It was yet another unpredictable week on the charts, with Meek Mill being dethroned by none other than -- Tyrese? That's right, the veteran R&B star turnt Furious 7 actor has landed his very first number one with his sixth studio album.
Future's hype seems to be at an all-time high, but while the initial first week sales projections for his new album, DS2, eclipsed those of his previous two albums, the number didn't seem to match the buzz.
Vince Staples' debut album, Summertime '06, was definitely a strong piece of work from the Long Beach native, and received mostly rave reviews, including from us. However did that translate into sales for the young Def Jam signee?
Meek Mill's sophomore album, Dreams Worth More Than Money surprised everyone when it was projected to move upwards of 200,000 copies its first week, and it's now clear that the estimation was accurate, as the final count has arrived.Hits Daily Double reports&n
With the iTunes store only opening in 2003, the digital music industry is still pretty young, but it's far from devoid of competition, commerce and platinum-selling artists. The most successful of these, it turns out, is none other than Rihanna.
While next week should be more exciting, the last round of rap sales were pretty lacklustre. With ASAP Rocky's album dropping to number 12, it's the first week in some time with no hip hop or R&B in the top ten.
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped8 Views0 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 2015937 Views11 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"6,174 Views91 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments9,788 Views125 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?5,753 Views24 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"2,441 Views17 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama2,645 Views24 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title11,447 Views59 Comments
- Kanye West Says People Who Act Like They Don't Like The Yeezy Boosts Are Racist5,383 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna Covers Vanity Fair; Talks Past Relationship With Chris Brown & More13,157 Views40 Comments
- Top Tracks: September 28 - October 419,424 Views30 Comments
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Bail Yet Again, Trial Set For 201634,331 Views155 Comments
- Will Smith Says He's Planning World Tour With DJ Jazzy Jeff 9,152 Views61 Comments
- 5 Things To Know About The Sauce Twinz22,016 Views184 Comments
You may also like...
- Dave East "Numb" Video612 Views
- Word On The Street: Amber Rose's SlutWalk2,713 Views
- Mac Miller "Clubhouse" Video2,224 Views