For many rap fans, that fact that Macklemore isn't up for any Grammys this February is a good thing (although, warning: Iggy Azalea might wipe the smirks off your faces), but by next year's ceremony, it's looking like there might be another project from him a
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' Grammy wins (or moreso Kendrick Lamar's losses) may have incited quite a backlash from the hip hop community, but overall it looks as if the duo has profited from them.
The Grammy awards air tonight, and we'll be live updating the winners as the show goes on. Winners are presented in bold. So far, the untelevised awards have been presented, the most surprising being Macklemore & Ryan Lewis taking rap album of the year.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are nominated for multiple Grammys tonight, some of which are for their same-sex marriage-promoting track, "Same Love". The duo will also be performing the cut, and they have a fairly ambitious stage setup planned.
Yesterday it was revealed that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis almost didn't make it into the rap categories at the Grammys because they've been too successful aka mainstream aka pop this past year.
The Grammys finally go down this weekend, on Sunday January 27th, so there's plenty of Grammy discussion going down these past few days both rap-related and not.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Win Rap/Hip-Hop Album Of The Year At 2013 AMAs [Update: Full List Of Winners] Nov 25, 2013 at 09:41am
The American Music Awards are currently on the air, and although the show is not nearly over yet, we do know the outcome for Rap/Hip-Hop Album Of The Year. The AMAs have the winner of this award also performing tonight, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have enjoyed enormous success over the past year, and their album The Heist doesn't seem to be falling off the charts any time soon, so it's looking like the duo can now sit back and relax while they get more and more famous.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Lead AMA Nominations [Update: Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis To Perform] Nov 1, 2013 at 12:11pm
With Macklemore and Ryan Lewis being just about everywhere this year, and hitting platinum for "Thrift Shop" time and time again, it may come as no surprise that they're leading the AMA nominations.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "The Heist" Goes Gold [Update: Album Goes Platinum] Aug 28, 2013 at 01:21pm
We're not sure if we can still call Macklemore and Ryan Lewis underground anymore-- the duo have now not only gone 5x platinum with their lead single "Thrift Shop" but the album it's off, The Heist, has gone gold as well.
Continuing to ride the wave of their recently insanely successful record sales, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who are currently touring in Europe, have announced that after finishing up there that they will be touring the U.S., and bringing along a couple dope re
The popularity of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis continues to rise, and as it does, the two nab the cover of the upcoming issue of Respect Magazine. Peep their cover in the gallery above, the issue hits stands on June 18th.
After the recent success of his latest project, Acid Rap, Chance The Rapper looks to be making some big time moves. Earlier today, Chance announced that he will be joining Macklemore and Ryan Lewis on their upcoming European tour come this Fall.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' music has dominated airwaves, and the charts, to the suprise of almost everybody, including the artists themselves.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have been dominating the Billboard charts, whether it's on the Billboard 200 with their album The Heist, or with their singles "Can't Hold Us" and "Thrift Shop" on the Hot 100.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Can't Hold Us" Hits Platinum [Update: Song Hits No. 1, Makes Billboard History] May 8, 2013 at 02:12pm
After the success of their last single "Thrift Shop", Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have added another platinum hit under their belt. The duo's recent single, "Can't Hold Us", has officially hit platinum.
As Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' quest for music dominance continues, the two are taking their sounds over to Europe for a tour.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” Goes Platinum [Update: "Thrift Shop" Hits Double Platinum] Jan 31, 2013 at 03:46pm
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" is now a certified platinum record, having sold approximately 1.1 million copies to date, sitting at No. 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. The video for the single currently has 42,582,973 views on YouTube.
One of the surprising breakout artists of 2012 was the collabo team of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis whose The Heist LP moved some major units, especially considering their indie status. Recently, their big single off the project “Thrift
- Jay Z Wants TIDAL To "Extend The Album Cycle" & Restore "Fair Trade" In Music13,360 Views26 Comments
- Top 5 "Shook Ones" Freestyles12,400 Views49 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole & More Announced As Owners Of TIDAL30,910 Views60 Comments
- Lil Wayne To Release "Free Weezy Album" In April?16,537 Views69 Comments
- Kevin Durant Lists His Top-10 NBA Players, Speaks On His 'Rap Career' + More2,571 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks5,370 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade1,800 Views20 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date3,901 Views22 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs4,880 Views15 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram31,182 Views70 Comments
- Action Bronson Announces "Mr. Wonderful" World Tour4,474 Views13 Comments
- The Game Allegedly Punches Man During Pro-Am Basketball Game8,565 Views28 Comments
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 302,683 Views5 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Covers Complex7,266 Views16 Comments
- Leaked Images Of Jordan Brand's Summer '15 Lineup3,551 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Watch Jay Z's TIDAL Launch Announcement Live6,281 Views