Bobbi Kristina Brown died yesterday at the age of 22, having spent the last five months in a medically induced coma after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
Musical Based On Tupac Shakur's Songs To Premiere On Broadway [Update: Musical Hits Broadway In June] Jan 8, 2014 at 03:37pm
As reported by Playbill, it seems Tony Award nominee Kenny Leon is directing a new musical based on Tupac Shakur's body of work. The musical will be called "Holler If Ya Hear Me," the title taken from a track on 'Pac's 1993 album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.
Hustle Gang's Doe B Killed In Alabama Club Shooting [Update: Suspect Identified / Charged] Dec 30, 2013 at 02:45pm
We are very sad to report that rising rapper, Doe B, known for his role in Hustle Gang, and his recent Baby Jesus mixtape was killed in an Alabama club shooting early this morning.
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music8,878 Views94 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"1,121 Views7 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series3,146 Views14 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate44,878 Views143 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)8,561 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,916 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"42,543 Views121 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey5,761 Views32 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP3,188 Views5 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On56,420 Views208 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)6,858 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 116,080 Views372 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game2,958 Views0 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track "Wanna Know"74,947 Views247 Comments
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"14,059 Views28 Comments