Memphis rapper Koopsta Knicca, one of the original members of Three 6 Mafia, died late last night, October 9, following a major stroke he had suffered on Sunday, October 3.
Kendrick Lamar has always made an effort to pay tribute to Tupac Shakur -- always citing the late rapper as one of his greatest influences, and even featuring his voice on his latest album, To Pimp A Butterfly, creating a mock interview at the end of the album
It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Bobbi Kristina Brown died yesterday at the age of 22, having spent the last five months in a medically induced coma after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
- Jeezy Is Dropping An EP Today2,836 Views22 Comments
- DJ Premier Announces Solo Album Featuring Nas, Dr. Dre & More2,189 Views17 Comments
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems12,828 Views77 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival8,190 Views27 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition6,189 Views19 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)5,019 Views13 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye29,357 Views94 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far19,830 Views130 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay29,447 Views132 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie5,061 Views39 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"36,914 Views163 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram5,385 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum7,044 Views38 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs11,066 Views36 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke10,651 Views49 Comments
You may also like...
- Roy Wood$ "Jealousy" Video3,093 Views