Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
California-based rapper Rico Rossi returns to the HNHH pages today with a new record "M.O.B." that features local rappers Beeda Weeda, The Jacka and Chilee Powdah.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Just yesterday, we were given the disheartening news that A$AP Mob founder A$AP Yams had passed away at 26. The outpouring of condolences on social media made the tragedy a bit easier, as the many lives Yams affected were revealed.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th6,612 Views16 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"4,825 Views16 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show5,884 Views16 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,036 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday6,616 Views26 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month8,178 Views37 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show18,220 Views28 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,266 Views11 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj60,973 Views234 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal140,935 Views805 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"76,105 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"64,120 Views83 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,205 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,963 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"48,580 Views166 Comments