Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
California-based rapper Rico Rossi returns to the HNHH pages today with a new record "M.O.B." that features local rappers Beeda Weeda, The Jacka and Chilee Powdah.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Just yesterday, we were given the disheartening news that A$AP Mob founder A$AP Yams had passed away at 26. The outpouring of condolences on social media made the tragedy a bit easier, as the many lives Yams affected were revealed.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
- Petition Asks Billboard To Retract Iggy Azalea's "Top Rap Song" Award3,977 Views47 Comments
- 50 Cent's SMS Promotions Company Files For Bankruptcy 3,085 Views14 Comments
- Run The Jewels Announce Fall Tour510 Views5 Comments
- Dear Graduates: Life Lessons From Kanye West's "College Dropout"2,710 Views18 Comments
- Stream Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" EP613 Views5 Comments
- Young Thug Says His Next Mixtape Will Be Called "Tha Carter V"13,168 Views127 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Celebrate Trip To NBA Finals With A 'Flicka Da Wrist' Video1,611 Views0 Comments
- Lil B Accuses Chedda Da Connect Of Stealing His Swag On "Flicka Da Wrist"4,804 Views28 Comments
- Frank Ocean Uploads Mysterious Empty Playlist To SoundCloud6,302 Views23 Comments
- Azealia Banks To Star In RZA-Directed Film "Coco"2,539 Views32 Comments
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals3,598 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour4,701 Views8 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"4,582 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop7,911 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"24,203 Views74 Comments
You may also like...
- The Weeknd "The Hills" Video15,302 Views