Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
California-based rapper Rico Rossi returns to the HNHH pages today with a new record "M.O.B." that features local rappers Beeda Weeda, The Jacka and Chilee Powdah.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Just yesterday, we were given the disheartening news that A$AP Mob founder A$AP Yams had passed away at 26. The outpouring of condolences on social media made the tragedy a bit easier, as the many lives Yams affected were revealed.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
- Kidd Kidd Arrested During XXL Freshman Concert In NYC4,803 Views19 Comments
- Scottie Pippen Says He Was LeBron James Before LeBron James2,570 Views0 Comments
- Review: Miguel's "WILDHEART"8,640 Views23 Comments
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done5,412 Views15 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay8,829 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 9,920 Views98 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It9,955 Views56 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop11,617 Views40 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour8,467 Views25 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today4,847 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2816,007 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K23,346 Views50 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"16,144 Views34 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music10,552 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol20,028 Views44 Comments