Earlier this month, news that Sean Price had passed away broke, leaving rap fans and artists alike mourning the loss of one of the genre's greats.
It's a sad day for New York hip hop, and in a broader sense, rap music as a whole. Sean Price, the venerated MC from Brownsville, Brooklyn, was found unresponsive in his home this morning at age 43. The cause of death hasn't yet been reported.
Bobbi Kristina Brown died yesterday at the age of 22, having spent the last five months in a medically induced coma after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
We regret to report that Brooklyn rapper, Pumpkinhead, has passed away at the age of 39.
Chinx's funeral takes place today in Queens, and while donations toward his family will be accepted at the service, a few fellow New York rappers are hoping to organize an event that can raise some more money for the cause.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
California-based rapper Rico Rossi returns to the HNHH pages today with a new record "M.O.B." that features local rappers Beeda Weeda, The Jacka and Chilee Powdah.
Nicki Minaj delivered some sad news to her fans this afternoon. De'Von Pickett and Eric Parker, who had flown to Philadelphia to assist Nicki Minaj with her tour rehearsals, were both stabbed outside of a bar in the city last night.
Fool's Gold lost one of their co-founders today, as A-Trak confirmed with an Instagram post. Joshua Prince aka Dust La Rock, was a co-founder of the independent label alongside A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. He also acted as their art director.
Just yesterday, we were given the disheartening news that A$AP Mob founder A$AP Yams had passed away at 26. The outpouring of condolences on social media made the tragedy a bit easier, as the many lives Yams affected were revealed.
Hip Hop Reacts To News Of Stuart Scott's Passing [Update: Freddie Gibbs Pens Op-Ed On Scott] Jan 12, 2015 at 06:38pm
Beloved ESPN anchor Stuart Scott lost his long battle with cancer earlier today, and since news broke, it's become even more apparent how much he meant to so many.
Lil Snupe was only 18 when he was shot and killed following an argument in 2013. The rapper was just rising to prominence as an understudy of Meek Mill, on his way to becoming an official Dreamchasers artist.
Tragedy strikes the Pro Era camp today, with news that Junior B, a member of Joey Bada$$' crew has passed away.
We are sad to report that Big Bank Hank (born Henry Jackson), founding member of seminal hip hop group The Sugar Hill Gang has died. Reports indicate that Hank lost his battle with cancer around 2AM this morning in the greater NYC area.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
Today Tupac would have been 43. Tragically, Shakur's life was cut short at the age of just 25 after being shot in Las Vegas. Years on, Tupac is still treasured as a legend in hip hop for his outstanding discography clocking up 11 album and 44 singles.
- 'Sand' Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Unveiled At Last Night's VMAs1,876 Views4 Comments
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs13,427 Views55 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech48,479 Views211 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow20,656 Views65 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,542 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks20,802 Views51 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"6,390 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 5,429 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account31,817 Views56 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments10,309 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter29,482 Views61 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 2911,528 Views65 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account27,681 Views54 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville59,352 Views74 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA19,705 Views34 Comments
You may also like...