Is your SoundCloud popping? If you think it is, here's a test: upload a blank, empty playlist and see how much love it gets. If you're Frank Ocean, it'll rack up around 5,000 likes in 13 hours.
Seven-time Grammy award winning producer and Def Jam co-founder Rick Rubin has worked with more rap legends than possibly any other producer, and his credentials extend to rock, pop, heavy metal, and just about every other genre that has found a place in main
Rap’s early origins, if we are being historically correct, were partially nurtured by punk and new wave, coming out of rebellious Manhattan kids (and those influenced by the music coming out of the area).
Def Jam celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, and in celebration, founder Rick Rubin decided to go back to where it all started.
As the widely-known Yeezus creation story goes, Kanye West called in legendary producer/Def Jam co-founder Rick Rubin to make some clutch edits to the album just a few weeks away from its release.
It's no secret that the hook to Jay Z's "99 Problems" was lifted from an Ice-T song, but a lesser known fact is that it was actually Chris Rock who suggested the concept to Jay.
Rick Rubin Speaks On Producing "Love Game," Says It's "Supposed To Sound A Little Wrong" Nov 8, 2013 at 03:27pm
One of the most anticipated tracks off Eminem's MMLPII was the Kendrick Lamar collaboration titled "Love Game." When the album leaked, and thus the track as well, fans were surprised at the concept record, which was in no way a scathing hip-hop record that we
It's safe to say all of the rap world is excited for Eminem to release the follow-up to his 2000 effort The Marshall Mathers LP.
Veteran record producer Rick Rubin, who's responsible for Eminem's new 'Berzerk' single, opened up about it during a recent interview conducted at the video shoot for the track.
There were a lot of people involved in the making of Yeezus, so it seems we learn something new about the project from each contributor.
As we approach the day that Kanye West's Yeezus album hits stores, Yeezy Season is officially in the full swing.
Kanye West is sounding as finicky as ever while working on his upcoming album Yeezus. The album is expected to drop in eight days, and apparently 'Ye has everyone over at Def Jam going crazy because of it.
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism7,879 Views37 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same27,562 Views74 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)5,685 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song16,559 Views41 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed3,677 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour16,859 Views65 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter10,331 Views47 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's25,221 Views55 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,856 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal12,173 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,677 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition6,423 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug18,054 Views81 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,839 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff15,046 Views121 Comments
You may also like...