Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Keeping it fresh with his signature, smoked out flow, Curren$y delivers a strong introduction with the title track New Jet City. Backed by a pompous instrumental, Spitta lays it down and lauds about his boss status.
50 Cent is no stranger to controversy, having feuded with just about every big name in the hip hop game. However, his latest mixtape shows that for all his enemies, Fifty’s made the right friends.
Fans have been anticipating Tyga's debut YMCMB album “Careless World: Rise Of The Last King” for awhile. It experienced several delays, and almost didn't make it on store shelves because of an uncleared sample.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Joell Ortiz changed this album’s title from Yaowa, basically because this is him at his most comfortable. In Hip Hop, getting too comfortable can sometimes lead to a decline in effort due to loss of hunger.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
With a face often free of make-up and a childlike voice that delivers bars filled with tales of gun violence, come-p wishes, survival and tipsy nights off Hennessy, DeJ Loaf, the 23-year-old baby-faced rapper-singer, who hails from the East side of Detroit cur
Mac Miller recently dropped his latest effort, the “Macadelic” mixtape. I haven't really had feelings towards Mac Miller, good or bad; I've enjoyed some of his stuff, but he's not an artist who's in heavy rotation on my iPod.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
- Man Shot & Killed Outside Of Lil Durk Concert In Philadelphia2,413 Views40 Comments
- Kanye West Sends Taylor Swift Flowers7,448 Views50 Comments
- Mac Miller Unveils "GO:OD AM" Alarm Clock App With Exclusive New Music7,132 Views22 Comments
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History3,130 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In34,372 Views145 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week4,300 Views15 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"22,333 Views103 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself2,271 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"4,138 Views19 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)1,773 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,502 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 7,900 Views62 Comments
- Stream K Camp's Debut Album "Only Way Is Up"5,585 Views20 Comments
- Mac Miller Says Rumored "GO:OD AM" Tracklist Is Fake8,108 Views25 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (September 4)3,069 Views6 Comments