50 Cent is no stranger to controversy, having feuded with just about every big name in the hip hop game. However, his latest mixtape shows that for all his enemies, Fifty’s made the right friends.
Fans have been anticipating Tyga's debut YMCMB album “Careless World: Rise Of The Last King” for awhile. It experienced several delays, and almost didn't make it on store shelves because of an uncleared sample.
Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes' new 28-track mixtape The Abstract & The Dragon plays like a documentary that any serious hip-hop head would enjoy - with its numerous remixes and skits, it's a welcome throwback to the traditional mixtape format.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
Joell Ortiz changed this album’s title from Yaowa, basically because this is him at his most comfortable. In Hip Hop, getting too comfortable can sometimes lead to a decline in effort due to loss of hunger.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
If there’s one rapper out there that shows unfaltering consistency in his melodic style and lyrical flow, it has got to be Gucci Mane. The seasoned Atlanta rapper’s newest mixtape, Trap God 2,
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
With a face often free of make-up and a childlike voice that delivers bars filled with tales of gun violence, come-p wishes, survival and tipsy nights off Hennessy, DeJ Loaf, the 23-year-old baby-faced rapper-singer, who hails from the East side of Detroit cur
Mac Miller recently dropped his latest effort, the “Macadelic” mixtape. I haven't really had feelings towards Mac Miller, good or bad; I've enjoyed some of his stuff, but he's not an artist who's in heavy rotation on my iPod.
El-P was first brought to Killer Mike's studio to commission a beat, or two, for Mike’s R.A.P.
It's no secret that hip-hop at large is lacking in original content. If the music isn't about money, it's about sex; if it's not about sex, it's about who's the hardest (no pun intended); if not who's hardest, it's about hip-hop itself.
Some may say that DJs like Drama are not "DJs" at all. Seeing that they aren’t steady flipping faders, critics feel it's fair game to strip them of their titles.
The North Carolina-born and Georgia raised singer-songwriter and producer set out to pay homage to hip hop and his Southern roots on the follow up to his 2013 album, IV Play.
“You gon’ find/in every line I rhyme/is shit you can’t define/This is passion,” Jon Connor boasts in the opening namesake track While You Were Sleeping. Passion may be tough to peg, but this Flint, Michigan up-and-comer has
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism6,888 Views33 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same24,813 Views65 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)5,059 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song14,708 Views38 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed3,385 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour15,493 Views63 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter9,849 Views46 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's23,874 Views51 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,770 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal11,667 Views20 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,577 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition5,934 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug17,270 Views76 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,709 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff14,681 Views121 Comments
You may also like...