Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Keeping it fresh with his signature, smoked out flow, Curren$y delivers a strong introduction with the title track New Jet City. Backed by a pompous instrumental, Spitta lays it down and lauds about his boss status.
50 Cent is no stranger to controversy, having feuded with just about every big name in the hip hop game. However, his latest mixtape shows that for all his enemies, Fifty’s made the right friends.
Fans have been anticipating Tyga's debut YMCMB album “Careless World: Rise Of The Last King” for awhile. It experienced several delays, and almost didn't make it on store shelves because of an uncleared sample.
Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes' new 28-track mixtape The Abstract & The Dragon plays like a documentary that any serious hip-hop head would enjoy - with its numerous remixes and skits, it's a welcome throwback to the traditional mixtape format.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
Joell Ortiz changed this album’s title from Yaowa, basically because this is him at his most comfortable. In Hip Hop, getting too comfortable can sometimes lead to a decline in effort due to loss of hunger.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
If there’s one rapper out there that shows unfaltering consistency in his melodic style and lyrical flow, it has got to be Gucci Mane. The seasoned Atlanta rapper’s newest mixtape, Trap God 2,
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
With a face often free of make-up and a childlike voice that delivers bars filled with tales of gun violence, come-p wishes, survival and tipsy nights off Hennessy, DeJ Loaf, the 23-year-old baby-faced rapper-singer, who hails from the East side of Detroit cur
Mac Miller recently dropped his latest effort, the “Macadelic” mixtape. I haven't really had feelings towards Mac Miller, good or bad; I've enjoyed some of his stuff, but he's not an artist who's in heavy rotation on my iPod.
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP659 Views1 Comment
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"4,016 Views33 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame1,844 Views17 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland11,671 Views16 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties8,534 Views31 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne23,691 Views139 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat1,873 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour4,552 Views9 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"6,109 Views16 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World14,830 Views21 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case9,707 Views26 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex3,752 Views50 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.124,505 Views49 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"33,506 Views59 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album11,877 Views43 Comments
You may also like...
- The Weeknd "Can't Feel My Face" Video22,073 Views