When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Keeping it fresh with his signature, smoked out flow, Curren$y delivers a strong introduction with the title track New Jet City. Backed by a pompous instrumental, Spitta lays it down and lauds about his boss status.
50 Cent is no stranger to controversy, having feuded with just about every big name in the hip hop game. However, his latest mixtape shows that for all his enemies, Fifty’s made the right friends.
Fans have been anticipating Tyga's debut YMCMB album “Careless World: Rise Of The Last King” for awhile. It experienced several delays, and almost didn't make it on store shelves because of an uncleared sample.
Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes' new 28-track mixtape The Abstract & The Dragon plays like a documentary that any serious hip-hop head would enjoy - with its numerous remixes and skits, it's a welcome throwback to the traditional mixtape format.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
Joell Ortiz changed this album’s title from Yaowa, basically because this is him at his most comfortable. In Hip Hop, getting too comfortable can sometimes lead to a decline in effort due to loss of hunger.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
If there’s one rapper out there that shows unfaltering consistency in his melodic style and lyrical flow, it has got to be Gucci Mane. The seasoned Atlanta rapper’s newest mixtape, Trap God 2,
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
With a face often free of make-up and a childlike voice that delivers bars filled with tales of gun violence, come-p wishes, survival and tipsy nights off Hennessy, DeJ Loaf, the 23-year-old baby-faced rapper-singer, who hails from the East side of Detroit cur
Mac Miller recently dropped his latest effort, the “Macadelic” mixtape. I haven't really had feelings towards Mac Miller, good or bad; I've enjoyed some of his stuff, but he's not an artist who's in heavy rotation on my iPod.
El-P was first brought to Killer Mike's studio to commission a beat, or two, for Mike’s R.A.P.
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music440 Views7 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"9,527 Views34 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast7,385 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon8,777 Views27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour10,948 Views29 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1433 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance27,159 Views112 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"21,162 Views217 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance23,535 Views41 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm26,209 Views201 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,259 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 11,924 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,705 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”36,858 Views149 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail36,413 Views94 Comments
You may also like...