When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
J. Cole has come a long way from rapping about how to get up off the sideline. Three albums in, with 2014 Forest Hills Drive, the “God” is home. The Fayetteville, North Carolina native composed an honest, nostalgic album without any apologies.
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
Meek Mill’s new album sounds like the Apocalypse.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
During a recent interview with Larry King, Mac Miller stated that GO:OD AM -- his major label debut under Warner Bros. -- was intended to be a departure from the "darker and sad" vibes of his previous record, Watching Movies with the Sound Off.
Cole World: The Sideline Story was considered somewhat of a disappointment to fans who really knew the raw talent that J. Cole posseses.
A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Originality is a rarity in modern hip-hop, and when an experimental album comes along, it tends to polarize listeners initially. Take Kanye West's new album Yeezus, for example.
We all know the story with Wiz and his albums, it's a tale as old as time. He goes super, extra hard on his mixtapes to shut up the critics who talked bad about his albums, only to make some of the same mistakes on the next album.
After he proved he was a bankable rapper, 50 Cent started his own imprint and made G-Unit his first priority. For a while Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck and Fiddy were consistently putting out quality music that fed the streets.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Game doesn't quite get the respect he deserves. Sometimes things like his habitual name dropping and controversy divert attention from the fact that he has been one of the most consistent rappers over the last decade.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title4,747 Views63 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit10,072 Views16 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"10,694 Views53 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine9,316 Views133 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month9,438 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks8,750 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped65,525 Views193 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20158,547 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"22,426 Views152 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments27,332 Views201 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?12,170 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"4,215 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,974 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title16,154 Views64 Comments