When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
J. Cole has come a long way from rapping about how to get up off the sideline. Three albums in, with 2014 Forest Hills Drive, the “God” is home. The Fayetteville, North Carolina native composed an honest, nostalgic album without any apologies.
There was a time not too long ago when Lil Wayne was widely considered the best rapper alive. Since 2009's No Ceilings, Lil Tunechi has left fans scratching their heads and wondering what happened to the once dominant Mixtape Weezy.
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
Meek Mill’s new album sounds like the Apocalypse.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Cole World: The Sideline Story was considered somewhat of a disappointment to fans who really knew the raw talent that J. Cole posseses.
Originality is a rarity in modern hip-hop, and when an experimental album comes along, it tends to polarize listeners initially. Take Kanye West's new album Yeezus, for example.
We all know the story with Wiz and his albums, it's a tale as old as time. He goes super, extra hard on his mixtapes to shut up the critics who talked bad about his albums, only to make some of the same mistakes on the next album.
After he proved he was a bankable rapper, 50 Cent started his own imprint and made G-Unit his first priority. For a while Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck and Fiddy were consistently putting out quality music that fed the streets.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
Game doesn't quite get the respect he deserves. Sometimes things like his habitual name dropping and controversy divert attention from the fact that he has been one of the most consistent rappers over the last decade.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
- Two People Shot Outside Of J Cole’s Concert In New Jersey Monday Night5,062 Views22 Comments
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill At OVO Fest; Opens Up With "Back To Back"112,271 Views333 Comments
- Cassidy Naturally Wasn't Impressed With Meek Mill's Drake Diss43,441 Views60 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 27 - August 25,418 Views5 Comments
- Drake Reportedly Wearing "Free Meek Mill" Shirt At OVO Fest Rehearsal82,460 Views191 Comments
- Lloyd Banks Says That "Cold Corner 3" Will Be A Commercial Release9,621 Views86 Comments
- Review: Migos' "Yung Rich Nation" 14,036 Views69 Comments
- Jeezy Donates 1,000 Backpacks To Atlanta Students2,738 Views24 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's 6 Most Ridiculous Stage Stunts Of 201512,270 Views27 Comments
- Chris Brown Reportedly Plans To Fight Baby Mama For Custody Of Their Daughter10,768 Views25 Comments
- Adidas Is Offering James Harden $200 Million To Leave Nike3,387 Views0 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Kid Cudi's "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"10,014 Views19 Comments
- Nipsey Hussle Apologizes To Black Women Following Distasteful Tweets14,332 Views51 Comments
- Will Smith Rumored To Be Special Guest At Drake's OVO Fest Tonight16,743 Views42 Comments
- Frank Ocean's Brother Trolls Fans With Fake Album Release12,947 Views28 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Performs "Back To Back" At OVO Fest2,935 Views
- JMSN "Need U" Video663 Views
- Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting4,371 Views