When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
With this month’s release of his compilation album Revenge of the Dreamers, it’s clear that 29 is J. Cole’s lucky number.
With the recent release of his EP Beach House, Ty Dolla $ign has been on our radar for a while.
If the first Starvation mixtape proved to be a metaphor for Ace Hood’s unmitigated hunger for the level of super stardom usually reserved for rappers like his friend, Lil Wayne, then Starvation 3 makes Ace Hood sound as hungry as ever, except this time aroun
Keeping Gucci Mane out of the headlines is no easy task. Once again he’s back, although this time with the release of his digital album The State Vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings.
More than two years ago Rockie Fresh and Casey Veggies teamed up for the first time together on “Duckin N Dodgin,” which winded up on Fresh’s The Otherside Redux.
Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes' new 28-track mixtape The Abstract & The Dragon plays like a documentary that any serious hip-hop head would enjoy - with its numerous remixes and skits, it's a welcome throwback to the traditional mixtape format.
There has been a heavy influx of modern and neo r'n'b in the past few years, but R. Kelly will always remain an important figure in what we now consider “old school r'n'b”.
Tyga has been a very busy man. After banking more than a few racks after his massively successful 2011 strip club banger "Rack City", Tyga (aka Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson) has showed no signs of slowing down.
Originality is a rarity in modern hip-hop, and when an experimental album comes along, it tends to polarize listeners initially. Take Kanye West's new album Yeezus, for example.
Rich Homie Quan dominated the summer with his smash single “Type of Way.” The song made its way onto the Billboard chart and helped catapult the Atlanta rapper’s career (and bank account) into a new stratosphere.
To say Hopsin's third album is long overdue is like saying FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina was slightly delayed. It's been three years since he dropped his critically acclaimed sophomore album Raw.
Signing to T.I.'s Grand Hustle label has been a stroke of good fortune for Trae Tha Truth. The Houston rapper's career has unfortunately been plagued by the loss of some his closest friends, shootings and controversy with radio executives.
The Marshall Mathers LP dropped in 2000 and became the fastest selling solo album of all time, influencing a whole generation of artists with its unique and in-depth look into the bizarre world of Eminem.
Action Bronson is not your typical rapper. The portly fire-flame gourmet chef turned rapper with a shock of curly red beard, whose father is an Albanian immigrant and mother is a Jewish New Yorker, looks nothing like his peers.
"They want that old Sosa… for what doe?" Well, for good reason. Chief Keef ran into some icebergs with Bang Pt. 2, and the ship continues to sink. The same qualities that were present on his last mixtape reappear on Almighty So.
It was strange when the tracklist for Old was released, as the album was divided into two different halves, but at first listen it's obvious why: they represent two sides of Danny Brown's multifaceted psyche and personality, as well as the old and the new.
Mmmmaybach music. The heaviest group in hip-hop presents the third volume of their Self Made album series. Formulaically, the self-proclaimed untouchable Maybach empire haven't missed a step. Likewise previous installments in the series, Self Made Vol.
- Stream Dr. Dre's Full Beats 1 Show, "The Pharmacy" 1,081 Views10 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (July 25-31)2,347 Views4 Comments
- Dr. Dre Says "Detox" Is Scrapped, "Compton: The Soundtrack" Out Next Week23,155 Views144 Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Debuts His First Signature Sneaker3,929 Views0 Comments
- Toronto Rapper Redway Reportedly Killed In Car Crash11,853 Views42 Comments
- Travi$ Scott's Lollapalooza Set Cut After He Told Fans To Jump The Barricade18,489 Views39 Comments
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill13,509 Views48 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash15,666 Views34 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music43,479 Views214 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"3,209 Views10 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series4,393 Views16 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate52,588 Views156 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)9,726 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For3,399 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"49,751 Views128 Comments