Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
With this month’s release of his compilation album Revenge of the Dreamers, it’s clear that 29 is J. Cole’s lucky number.
With the recent release of his EP Beach House, Ty Dolla $ign has been on our radar for a while.
If the first Starvation mixtape proved to be a metaphor for Ace Hood’s unmitigated hunger for the level of super stardom usually reserved for rappers like his friend, Lil Wayne, then Starvation 3 makes Ace Hood sound as hungry as ever, except this time aroun
Keeping Gucci Mane out of the headlines is no easy task. Once again he’s back, although this time with the release of his digital album The State Vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings.
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church384 Views7 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms1,415 Views9 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow13,046 Views47 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City9,513 Views32 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds17,072 Views52 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support11,436 Views54 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show18,926 Views40 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"4,283 Views11 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed32,752 Views99 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer5,562 Views7 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark14,241 Views38 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"16,040 Views53 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece37,917 Views52 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 234,408 Views1 Comment
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak59,947 Views125 Comments