The North Carolina-born and Georgia raised singer-songwriter and producer set out to pay homage to hip hop and his Southern roots on the follow up to his 2013 album, IV Play.
B.o.B. is one of those artist that currently stands in a grey area: he's attained mainstream success thanks to catchy tunes, but he's also a seasoned rapper, and finds himself balancing between full-out pop music and more hardened hip-hop.
The average man thinks about sex between one and 388 times per day; Trey Songz isn’t your average man. In his nine years of making music, the twenty-nine-year-old has made it abundantly clear that sex is pretty much all he thinks about.
Today marks the culmination of the strangest rap career genesis this country’s ever seen, one that has included an MTV reality show, a hip-hop trio name Three Loco, OG Ron C, a Harmony Korine film, a slew of investigative articles and perhaps most importantl
On Animal Ambition, 50 Cent returns to the old street-ready sound that made him a household name back in 2003. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in hip-hop since 50’s debut.
It only took one day for Iamsu!’s debut album, Sincerely Yours, to reach iTunes’ top album charts, a feat which is, quite frankly, surprising. Though the album is not a flop, it’s not a work of artistic genius either.
Have you ever seen the viral video of Susan Boyle performing for the first time on Britain’s Got Talent? A superficially unattractive older woman walks out onto the stage to perform a song before hundreds of people and four judges.
I don’t believe there’s a single person on Earth who saw Tity Boi becoming a national superstar.
Defining a “classic” is no easy task. The first factor is obviously the quality of the music. Here we ask the basic questions: Are there any unnecessary tracks? Does the production impress without outshining the lyrics?
Few rappers out can say they have been rapping since the age of eight and actually mean it. Dizzy Wright has been performing long before he even hit puberty.
With Waka Flocka Flame’s newest album set to come out later this year, the Atlanta rapper has released a mixtape to hold us all over in the meantime. The tape, Re-Up features all-star collabs and on-point production.
Since the release of We Are Young Money in 2009, Nicki Minaj has risen from femme fatale on the rise after dropping the excellent Beam Me Up Scotty to ubiquitous representative of aggressive femininity.
In the last two years between his last album and now, Rick Ross has been through a lot, including surviving a targeted hit on his life. Critics bashed God Forgives, I Don’t and many wondered if Ross had peaked too soon and lost his touch.
It’s official: Pharrell Williams is back. With the recent success of songs like “Get Lucky”, “Blurred Lines” and his newest Oscar-nominated single “Happy”, Pharrell has reclaimed his spot in the R&B royal family and is killing it.
When we last heard from CyHi the Prynce, he was cruising around college campuses with his Ivy League: Kick Back mixtape early last year. Now, ready to show us what he’s learned, he takes us back to school with Hystori: Black History Project.
Although none of his albums have really been critical hits, Kid Cudi’s main appeal is using outside, atypical influences and sounds to articulate some sort of emotional journey into the tortured soul.
With Chief Keef, King L, Lil Reese and Lil Durk signing to major labels in 2013, Chicago's drill scene saw all of its major stars graduating to more commercial successes, leaving vacancies in the underground mixtape scene that the genre was born from.
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2848 Views0 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K3,796 Views14 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"3,148 Views17 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music2,858 Views25 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol5,925 Views21 Comments
- Stream Main Attrakionz "808s & Dark Grapes III" & Read Our Interview With The Duo2,017 Views2 Comments
- Dwyane Wade Opts Out Of His Contract With The Miami Heat, Will Become A Free Agent1,210 Views0 Comments
- Method Man Reveals "The Meth Lab" Tracklist2,600 Views13 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bailed On BET Awards After He Was Cut From Main Stage7,675 Views24 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Shades Britney Spears Over Lacklustre "Pretty Girls" Single5,388 Views14 Comments
- Who Had The Better Verse: Young Thug Vs. Rich Homie Quan7,355 Views23 Comments
- Forbes' Highest-Paid Celebrities List Features Diddy, Jay Z, Drake & More15,086 Views35 Comments
- Stream The Internet's Album "Ego Death"2,702 Views5 Comments
- Complete List Of 2015 BET Awards Winners8,522 Views23 Comments
- Stream Meek Mill's New Album "Dreams Worth More Than Money"39,682 Views108 Comments
You may also like...