A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Straight out of Long Beach, CA, Joey Fatts is the epitome of a rapper from the streets. He tells his story of being raised in the same neighborhood that was home to hip hop legends Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg on Ill Streets Blues.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
Lupe Fiasco has been in a battle with Atlantic records for what seems to be forever. We all know about his discontent with Lasers and on his mixtape Friend of the People he made it clear that he wanted off the label.
The first Luca Brasi Story, released last February, put Kevin Gates on the map. Soon after, he quietly inked a partnership with Atlantic and a management deal with Young Money.
Ludacris is a veteran in the game. Lyrics, beats, hit songs, a unique style; over his 10-plus year career he has obviously shown why he has been one of the most respected and successful stars in hip hop.
After 14 years of waiting, D’Angelo’s surprise album Black Messiah had every right to be the R&B/Soul equivalent of Guns & Roses' Chinese Democracy - a creaky mess that was done no favors by the weight of fan expectations.
J. Cole has come a long way from rapping about how to get up off the sideline. Three albums in, with 2014 Forest Hills Drive, the “God” is home. The Fayetteville, North Carolina native composed an honest, nostalgic album without any apologies.
- R. Kelly Announces New Album "Buffet"1,132 Views7 Comments
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream32,440 Views144 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles10,022 Views45 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest3,465 Views13 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks6,710 Views11 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger4,555 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"18,263 Views68 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP1,702 Views7 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App8,637 Views20 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris2,454 Views13 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances40,226 Views28 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."27,761 Views220 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss2,772 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More3,167 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"26,287 Views36 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Shouts Out Amir Obe in Detroit1,560 Views