The members of Wu-Tang Clan have always made songs that sort of play out like the soundtrack for some NYC-meets-Tokyo urban Kung Fu flick, but with 12 Reasons To Die II, Ghostface and company take the concept record route to develop a fine-tuned project.&
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
Meek Mill’s new album sounds like the Apocalypse.
To say that the dawn of drill feels like yesterday would be generous at best. It's been roughly three years since Chicago's rap explosion took the world by storm, and now it feels like you're sifting through the rubble.
Immediately following Touchdown 2 Cause Hell’s introductory “Get Em Boosie”-- the aptly titled dizzying turn up track that unleashes Boosie Badazz loose on the rap game once again-- the bellows of an approaching storm crackles with doom.
After a long wait, SURF is finally here. The debut LP from The Social Experiment (aka SOX) is billed as Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment despite the fact that the band’s biggest star is obviously Chance The Rapper.
A$AP Rocky’s relatively short career in the rap game has been one filled with high praise.
Seriously, is there a more versatile rap star than Snoop Dogg? Name another rapper who has done full albums of reggae, funk and rap over the last 5 years alone.
Everything about The Barter 6 is enigmatic.Firstly there's its author, Young Thug.
In line with the recent (and awesome) trend of surprise albums, Tyler, the Creator announced Cherry Bomb just a few days prior to its April 13th digital release.
In many ways, the early 2000s belonged to Ludacris. Within that time, the rapper was able to cross multiple platforms, making palatable music for varying tastes tinged with his trademark Dirty South sound.
Action Bronson’s new album is a bid to be considered the funniest man in hip hop. A week after Kendrick Lamar’s album has the entire culture debating race, politics, and society, Mr.
After 2013’s wildly successful good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar had an opportunity that very few artists ever receive.
Critics are always fighting conflicting urges. On the one hand, there's the need to be objective and evaluate each work on its own merits. On the other, there's the desire to fit each new release from an artist into an over-arcing career narrative.
Straight out of Long Beach, CA, Joey Fatts is the epitome of a rapper from the streets. He tells his story of being raised in the same neighborhood that was home to hip hop legends Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg on Ill Streets Blues.
In the era of Yeezus Christ and King Kendrick, it's easy to fall into the mindset that every hip-hop album should be an experiment in pushing hip-hop forward. Every track should ooze with idealism and what's new. This feeling goes double for mixtapes.
When Drake released his newest mixtape, If You're Reading This It's Too Late, a few days ago, it took the internet by storm. Falling in line with Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncé before him, he dropped it almost completely out of the blue, with no real warning.
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"2,443 Views14 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram45,613 Views255 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B8,482 Views37 Comments
- Meek Mill Goes At Hot 97's TT Torrez On IG55,589 Views112 Comments
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked55,715 Views59 Comments
- Mac Miller's 3rd Studio Album Is Done23,120 Views88 Comments
- 'OVO' Air Jordan 10 Scheduled To Release This Weekend3,725 Views0 Comments
- PartyNextDoor's 5 Best Non-Album Tracks17,485 Views47 Comments
- K Camp Unveils Cover Art For "Only Way Is Up"4,528 Views15 Comments
- Stream Soulja Boy's "King Soulja 4"5,191 Views55 Comments
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era7,182 Views24 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 8,489 Views40 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack10,042 Views24 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company5,314 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once6,948 Views16 Comments