It's now been 17 years since Black Star, the duo of Mos Def, now known as Yasiin Bey, and Talib Kweli, released their one and only album, Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star.
With the Straight Outta Compton film right around the corner, there's been a lot of talk about N.W.A. in recent months, and a few of the members even reunited on stage. Apparently, the studio behind the movie is looking to launch an official N.W.A.
Last night's BET Experience event was something special, as it served as the first time Ice Cube, MC Ren, and DJ Yella had performed together since 1989. While Dr Dre unfortunately didn't make it out, the three former N.W.A.
It’s official, Jodeci is back!
In their heyday, pseudo-cartoon band Gorillaz collaborated with rappers from Del Tha Funkee Homosapien to Snoop Dogg to Andre 3000, and now it looks like they'll be returning after a hiatus.
Although Cam'ron announced just a month or two ago that he would be retiring from the rap game after dropping his Purple Haze 2 album this summer, it looks like we may get one more 'final' project apart from his solo album.
One of the biggest draws at most music festivals this summer was the reunion of OutKast, the game-changing ATL duo who hadn't performed together in a decade.
50 Cent has been poking fun at boxing champion Floyd Mayweather over the course of the last week, claiming that Mayweather is unable to read and challenging him to a read off. The taunting continued for a few days on Fif's Instagram page.
Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli Reunite At Dave Chappelle's Show In New York Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56am
Much like his iconic sketch comedy series, Chappelle's Show, music has played a big role in Dave Chappelle's recent string of shows at Radio City Music Hall.
G-Unit Possibly Working On New Album [Update: 50 Cent Announces New Album On The Way] Jun 4, 2014 at 09:52am
G-Unit returned in full form yesterday, following a reunion on stage at Summer Jam, with a new freestyle over Hit-Boy & HS87's "Grindin' My Whole Life." The track was originally a posse cut from HS87, so there was plenty of space for 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, Lloyd
For those dwelling under rocks, veteran hip-hop duo Mobb Deep dropped their eightth studio album this morning, that being The Infamous Mobb Deep. It's their first collaborative project since 2006's Blood Money, their only G-Unit Records release.
Mobb Deep Announce New Album & Tour For The 20-Year Anniversary Of "The Infamous" [Update: Artwork Revealed] Feb 18, 2014 at 01:38pm
Mobb Deep have been over more than a few rough patches in the span of their career, but they've always managed to come back after.
Even though N.O.R.E. just dropped off his Good Belt Gang compilation on Tuesday, the Queens New Yorker is showing no signs of slowing down and is already eyeing his next move.
Cam'ron has been releasing new music lately, with his A-Trak collaboration "Humphrey" and his "We Made It (Remix)." The new music has got people wondering on the status of a Dipset reunion, after all, both Juelz Santana and Jim Jones are slated to appear on Ca
OutKast are gearing up for big things this spring and summer, as they take themselves on the road for over 40 different festivals tour dates, not to mention the possibility that they'll be starting a new album (!).
Jodeci back? As predicted by Drake and J. Cole's 2013 track, the legendary R&B quartet will be reuniting for a comeback project-- or so says Timabland. According to the producer, he'll be working alongside the group on their new project.
After much back and forth speculation, we finally have official and decisive word that a Clipse reunion is NOT happening. No Malice spoke with FADER today, clearing the air on any rumors concerning a new album from the Virginia duo.
The other day we had news from Revolt TV that there would be a Big Boi solo album and an Andre 3000 solo album before we get any OutKast album. Well, now speaking to Revolt, Big Boi has confirmed 1/2 of that, saying that his solo LP is on the way.
Andre 3000 & Big Boi Reportedly Working On Solo LPs To Drop Before New OutKast LP Jan 21, 2014 at 02:54pm
The OutKast rumors are bountiful, and they aren't done just yet. It's quite possible we'll get a retraction of this tomorrow, but take it for what's it worth. Apparently the ATLiens are to release solo albums prior to releasing a reunion LP.
- Rick Ross Clowns 50 Cent For Filing For Bankruptcy4,441 Views30 Comments
- The Game Disses Young Thug During Skee TV Performance9,631 Views65 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Speaks On Drake/Meek Mill Beef For New York Times Magazine26,655 Views137 Comments
- 10 Artists That Dr. Dre Put On11,928 Views59 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title11,395 Views112 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit15,990 Views21 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"14,260 Views58 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine11,813 Views149 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month11,844 Views30 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks10,226 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped76,534 Views216 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 201510,554 Views26 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"25,755 Views157 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments31,173 Views210 Comments
You may also like...
- On The Come Up: Allan Kingdom289 Views
- Chris Brown Previews New Music On Instagram1,110 Views
- JR Donato "Don't Go Nowhere" Video1,013 Views