In 2002, one-hit-wonder Tweet, dropped that one hit that jumped to number one on Billboard' hip hop chart and all the way to lucky number seven on the hot 100 chart.
Most of us (contributors and readers alike) remember Ashanti on her A game when we were teenagers also listening to Ja Rule, Missy Elliot, Fat Joe, J. Lo, and other millennium superstars.
Earlier this year an alternative Australian radio station started playing new artist ZHU's "Faded", which eventually hit number 1 on the US dance charts thanks to big buzz following all the Aussie promo.
UK artist, Bipolar Sunshine, released "Daydreamer" this November. He's been on the rise lately, and will even be sharing the stage with artists like A$AP Mob, London Grammar, Rudimental and Bastille, when his touring season kicks off in March.
MJ Cole is a London based remixer and producer who got his start in music as an oboe player at England's esteemed Royal College of Music.
Earlier this week, Eminem had the internet going nuts when he released his hometown anthem, “Detroit Vs Everybody” featuring fellow D-town artists Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf, Royce Da 5’9”, and Trick Trick.
Today we're introducing a new weekly series, Remix Fix, which will aim to bring you dope, fresh remixes of some of your favorite hip-hop and r'n'b records, for a little something different each week.
Wiz Khalifa, fresh off a performance at Summer Jam, hit up Hot 97 for an interview about his recent mixtape 28 Grams, the Summer Jam performance with Snoop Dogg of course, his upcoming album and more.
Don't get me wrong, I love Hip Hop. Like, I really love Hip Hop. Eat it, breathe it, sleep it, kind of thing. But just like anything else, there's always improvements to be made.
YG's massive single "My Nigga" unsurprisingly went platinum the other day, but now he's moved on to the remix of the single which rounded up Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rich Homie Quan and Meek Mill.
Rick Ross has been consistently tweeting about a "No Games" remix for several days now. He finally dropped the single art, revealing that fellow MMG rappers Meek Mill and Wale will be on the remix. He also revealed the remix is dropping tomorrow.
U-God Reveals Capadonna Has A Record With Drake, Talks "Wu-Tang Forever" Remix Oct 2, 2013 at 01:43pm
Drake has a steady stream of Wu-Tang Clan references on his new album, Nothing Was The Same, and he's taking things to next level by getting the Wu on the remix to his "Wu-Tang Forever" tribute.
In a recent interview on MTV's "RapFix Live", producer Mike Will Made It revealed that Andre 3000 recorded a verse for a remix of Juicy J's inescapable strip club banger "Bandz A Make Her Dance".
Miley Cyrus Reportedly Recorded A "Black Skinhead" Remix With Kanye West [Update: Confirmed By Mike WiLL] Sep 11, 2013 at 05:04pm
Following her controversial and over-all strange performance at the MTV VMAs, it's been reported that Miley Cyrus continued to compromise hip-hop by meeting up with Kanye West to record a "Black Skinhead" remix.
Migos Talk About Connecting With Drake & "Versace" Remix On The Breakfast Club Jul 20, 2013 at 11:23am
Three ATLiens known as Migos are on their way to blow up, in part due to Drake hopping on "Versace," thus starting a snowball effect of "Versace" remixes.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
AraabMUZIK is preparing for his first release since an attempted robbery left him shot a month ago. The producer was forced to cancel tour dates in May because of the shooting, but fans will soon receive new material from the DJ, with The Remixes, Vol. 1
Rocko has seen a lot of media coverage over his song "U.O.E.N.O." and as he capitilizes on the publicity, he hit up the Breakfast Club for an interview about signing Future, an official remix of "U.O.E.N.O." with a new verse from Rick Ross, Gucci Mane and more
Rocko Clarifies That Rick Ross Is Still On "U.O.E.N.O," There Will Be Multiple Versions Apr 17, 2013 at 10:12am
The controversy surrounding Rocko's "U.O.E.N.O." seems to be subsiding, with Rick Ross getting dropped from Reebok and Rocko releasing a new remix to the song without the MMG Bawse.
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square6,238 Views31 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape5,289 Views13 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More6,428 Views24 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL11,285 Views35 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women10,915 Views44 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"11,700 Views43 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review6,772 Views31 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram8,710 Views13 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party10,052 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 2,548 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover5,228 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,521 Views7 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,569 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?21,261 Views52 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title32,559 Views69 Comments