The Weeknd is slaying the charts so badly right now that he just set an impressive record that’s never been done before.
In 2013, Eminem set the record for the most words used in one song, due to his blindingly fast verses on "Rap God". Unfortunately, his 1560-word record has now been bested, and chances are you've never heard of the guy who did it.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
Well that didn’t take long. According to reports (& Top Dawg), Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album, To Pimp A Butterfly, has already set the record for most album streams in a day.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
Ariana Grande & Jessie J Re-Recording Brandy & Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" [Update: Jessie J Says It's Not Happening] Nov 24, 2014 at 05:22pm
Brandy & Monica ruled the '90s, and their song "The Boy Is Mine" was a big part of that. Earlier this year when word came out that Iggy Azalea and Keyshia Cole were remaking "Mo Money Mo Problems," the backlash was high.
Eminem is known for his technical ability, and while he's put his sheer rapping talent on display on plenty of songs, "Rap God" took the showmanship to another level.
Chris Bosh gets a lot of flack for unknowingly making funny faces during photos, and generally giving off the wrong impression, but recently he was involved in something cool as Childish Gambino recorded his latest album at Bosh's house.
As part of FUSE's Crate Diggers series, Evidence of Dilated Peoples discusses his record collection as well as his collaboration with Kanye West on "Last Call". What do y'all think of this video?
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"209 Views2 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival788 Views8 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport2,161 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See4,797 Views57 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans1,507 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum9,397 Views78 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?6,130 Views65 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby12,457 Views50 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus10,714 Views68 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"3,851 Views30 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works354 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds7,589 Views35 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice1,879 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More5,293 Views17 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC2,514 Views0 Comments