In 2013, Eminem set the record for the most words used in one song, due to his blindingly fast verses on "Rap God". Unfortunately, his 1560-word record has now been bested, and chances are you've never heard of the guy who did it.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
Well that didn’t take long. According to reports (& Top Dawg), Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album, To Pimp A Butterfly, has already set the record for most album streams in a day.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
Ariana Grande & Jessie J Re-Recording Brandy & Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" [Update: Jessie J Says It's Not Happening] Nov 24, 2014 at 05:22pm
Brandy & Monica ruled the '90s, and their song "The Boy Is Mine" was a big part of that. Earlier this year when word came out that Iggy Azalea and Keyshia Cole were remaking "Mo Money Mo Problems," the backlash was high.
Eminem is known for his technical ability, and while he's put his sheer rapping talent on display on plenty of songs, "Rap God" took the showmanship to another level.
Chris Bosh gets a lot of flack for unknowingly making funny faces during photos, and generally giving off the wrong impression, but recently he was involved in something cool as Childish Gambino recorded his latest album at Bosh's house.
As part of FUSE's Crate Diggers series, Evidence of Dilated Peoples discusses his record collection as well as his collaboration with Kanye West on "Last Call". What do y'all think of this video?
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj5,460 Views41 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal55,886 Views386 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"55,784 Views135 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"40,746 Views68 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,550 Views2 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,302 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"32,679 Views146 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,657 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"9,598 Views62 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram27,849 Views66 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"2,912 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,267 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,060 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music10,490 Views28 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"18,503 Views47 Comments
You may also like...