The Weeknd is slaying the charts so badly right now that he just set an impressive record that’s never been done before.
In 2013, Eminem set the record for the most words used in one song, due to his blindingly fast verses on "Rap God". Unfortunately, his 1560-word record has now been bested, and chances are you've never heard of the guy who did it.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
Well that didn’t take long. According to reports (& Top Dawg), Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album, To Pimp A Butterfly, has already set the record for most album streams in a day.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
Ariana Grande & Jessie J Re-Recording Brandy & Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" [Update: Jessie J Says It's Not Happening] Nov 24, 2014 at 05:22pm
Brandy & Monica ruled the '90s, and their song "The Boy Is Mine" was a big part of that. Earlier this year when word came out that Iggy Azalea and Keyshia Cole were remaking "Mo Money Mo Problems," the backlash was high.
Eminem is known for his technical ability, and while he's put his sheer rapping talent on display on plenty of songs, "Rap God" took the showmanship to another level.
Chris Bosh gets a lot of flack for unknowingly making funny faces during photos, and generally giving off the wrong impression, but recently he was involved in something cool as Childish Gambino recorded his latest album at Bosh's house.
As part of FUSE's Crate Diggers series, Evidence of Dilated Peoples discusses his record collection as well as his collaboration with Kanye West on "Last Call". What do y'all think of this video?
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"359 Views3 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World1,223 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case1,698 Views12 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex1,811 Views32 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.113,219 Views32 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"21,504 Views43 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album7,111 Views27 Comments
- All Black Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Scheduled To Release In August1,907 Views0 Comments
- Stream Key!'s Surprise 3-Track EP "No One Is Ready 3" 3,195 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Trolls Fans On Twitter With Fake Drake Diss Record50,198 Views238 Comments
- Online Petition Started To Force Funkmaster Flex To Resign From Hot 9739,406 Views78 Comments
- 50 Cent On Jay Z: "There's No L On His Record"34,350 Views85 Comments
- Top Tracks: July 20- July 2614,342 Views20 Comments
- Tyler The Creator Says He's Banned From Australia 11,633 Views50 Comments
- Hip Hop Reacts To The Death Of Bobbi Kristina Brown8,542 Views17 Comments
You may also like...
- The Weeknd "Can't Feel My Face" Video6,354 Views