The Weeknd is slaying the charts so badly right now that he just set an impressive record that’s never been done before.
In 2013, Eminem set the record for the most words used in one song, due to his blindingly fast verses on "Rap God". Unfortunately, his 1560-word record has now been bested, and chances are you've never heard of the guy who did it.
We're seeing a lot of Spotify records being broken these days, which says more about the prevalence of streaming than anything, but while Drake and Kendrick's recent triumphs could be seen from a mile away, Wiz Khalifa's new records are rather surprising.
Well that didn’t take long. According to reports (& Top Dawg), Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album, To Pimp A Butterfly, has already set the record for most album streams in a day.
Every Song Off Drake's "If You're Reading This It's Too Late" Is Charting On Billboard Feb 26, 2015 at 09:47am
Over the weekend, on Charts Don't Lie, we saw how basically half of Drake's new project was charting on Billboard's Hot 100.
Ariana Grande & Jessie J Re-Recording Brandy & Monica's "The Boy Is Mine" [Update: Jessie J Says It's Not Happening] Nov 24, 2014 at 05:22pm
Brandy & Monica ruled the '90s, and their song "The Boy Is Mine" was a big part of that. Earlier this year when word came out that Iggy Azalea and Keyshia Cole were remaking "Mo Money Mo Problems," the backlash was high.
Eminem is known for his technical ability, and while he's put his sheer rapping talent on display on plenty of songs, "Rap God" took the showmanship to another level.
Chris Bosh gets a lot of flack for unknowingly making funny faces during photos, and generally giving off the wrong impression, but recently he was involved in something cool as Childish Gambino recorded his latest album at Bosh's house.
As part of FUSE's Crate Diggers series, Evidence of Dilated Peoples discusses his record collection as well as his collaboration with Kanye West on "Last Call". What do y'all think of this video?
As part of Mass Appeal's "Rhythm Roulette" series, Statik Selektah selects several records while blindfolded and proceeds to make a beat sampling them all. How do you feel about the production here?
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title4,504 Views62 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit9,917 Views15 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"10,577 Views53 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine9,250 Views128 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month9,324 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks8,704 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped64,912 Views193 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20158,455 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"22,291 Views151 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments27,214 Views201 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?12,136 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"4,187 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,967 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title16,115 Views64 Comments