Photos: Lauryn Hill, SZA, Raury, Lenny Kravitz & More Perform At Afropunk Fest 2015 Aug 24, 2015 at 02:29pm
This year's Afropunk Fest had a pretty stellar lineup, including performances from the likes of Lenny Kravitz, SZA, Kelis, Raury, Thundercat, and more. We sent photographer Elijah Dominique to the fest, and he came back with some truly amazing shots.
The XXL Freshman list is always a huge conversation piece in the rap world, and this year should be no different. While the wait has seemed a little longer than usual, the full list and cover has now been revealed.
After a long wait, SURF is finally here. The debut LP from The Social Experiment (aka SOX) is billed as Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment despite the fact that the band’s biggest star is obviously Chance The Rapper.
Gucci Mane has released nine projects this year. We don't have to check-- that's more than any other rapper. He also happens to be in prison.
In addition to a ridiculous amount of concerts and showcases, MTV's annual Woodie Awards show went down in Austin, Texas this week during SXSW.
The Roots will be putting on their 8th annual Roots Picnic this coming summer in Philadelphia. They've tapped a dope line-up for this year, with a mix of rap and r'n'b, mainstream and indie, albeit, mostly indie.
Another week, another new Gucci Mane project. After the incarcerated 1017 boss dropped both East Atlanta Santa and C-Note Vs. Gucci last week, he's kicking off 2015 by dropping another album, this one entitled 1017 Mafia.
Young Atlanta singer/songwriter Raury is starting 2015 off with a short tour of Alabama and Florida. The "Indigo Child Tour", featuring Tay Jasper and 6lackbear, will be making six stops starting in Alabama, then hitting several locations in Florida.
London DJ SBTRKT has carved out a unique niche for himself in the electronic/R&B world, frequently collaborating with Drake cohort Sampha on his 2011 debut and becoming a festival mainstay thanks to his thrilling live show.
A lot of readers mentioned wanting to hear more from Raury when it was announced that 17-year-old emcee earned himself the Kanye West stamp of approval earlier this week. Fortunately for them, Indigo Child has officially been released to the interwebs.
Back in April, a 17-year-old singer/songwriter from Atlanta named Raury released a video for his track "God's Whisper" that would eventually lead to the biggest break of his young career.
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter3,459 Views14 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 292,836 Views39 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account16,834 Views50 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville40,407 Views53 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA13,000 Views26 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)4,502 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"25,296 Views116 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,939 Views12 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest36,076 Views36 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days15,620 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,532 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,563 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,375 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,639 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,288 Views5 Comments