Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hopsin Announces He's Quitting Rap & Moving To Australia [Update: Hopsin Says It Was A Joke] Dec 25, 2014 at 09:36am
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.
Most of us have seen an epic moment in rap battles. If it didn't come while watching Eminem's "8 Mile", maybe you've seen a local competition with some ill talent, or at least a strong YouTube video that made your drop your jaw.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Reality television shows became popular after the launch of MTV’s The Real World in 1992. Then came the wildly well liked Survivor and Big Brother, and from then on reality tv has been infiltrating our televisions sets.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
The history of rap and rock collaborations goes back to the year 1986 when Run DMC, considered one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all time, released their own version of the Aerosmith track “Walk This Way.” This song paved the way for hip-hop�
Over the past decade country singers have been wandering into the territories of hip-hop and rap music. Funny thing is, rappers don’t seem to mind, especially rappers like Nelly, Ludacris and T-Pain.
Redman Announces "Muddy Waters 2" EP & LP Releases [Update: Redman Confirms "Muddy Waters 2" & Announces "Blackout! 3"] Mar 18, 2014 at 06:45pm
Redman took to Twitter last night to announce the August release of Muddy Waters 2: The Preload EP, a teaser project to be followed by the release of the highly-anticipated Muddy Waters 2 in the fall. Red has apparently been working on the sequel intermitt
Valentine's Day can be rather annoying in reality, with roses, teddy bears, and cards being shoved in our faces.
Everyone is probably aware by now that Fool's Gold rapper Riff Raff has some eccentricities so to speak of. The rapper has "MTV", "BET" and other logos tattooed on his body and often wears his long hair braided, and that's just physical appearance.
The Grammys finally go down this weekend, on Sunday January 27th, so there's plenty of Grammy discussion going down these past few days both rap-related and not.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
To answer the above question, yes, mostly. His recent headlines alone show that there’s something to Nipsey Hussle, and we do get a glimpse of what that 'something' may be in Crenshaw. Overall, the tape is a good listen and a sound effort.
Big Sean recently stopped by DJ Whoo Kid's Shade 45 radio show and discussed working with Eminem, his new album Hall Of Fame and his relationship with Kanye West, among other things.
- Sony Will Not Pull Beyonce's Music From TIDAL181 Views3 Comments
- Review: Dizzy Wright's "The Growing Process"2,307 Views25 Comments
- Earl Sweatshirt Confirms "The Obvious": Odd Future Is No More12,782 Views28 Comments
- Vince Staples Shares "Summertime '06" Artwork3,430 Views18 Comments
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism10,360 Views45 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same35,995 Views85 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)6,995 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song21,728 Views44 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed4,462 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour19,291 Views77 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter11,614 Views51 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's29,025 Views58 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks3,229 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal13,485 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,934 Views2 Comments
You may also like...
- Sino "Slappin" Video (Heatseekers)174 Views
- 50 Cent Shares His Thoughts On Tidal6,123 Views
- Cory Gunz "Shut Em Down" Video1,338 Views