Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hopsin Announces He's Quitting Rap & Moving To Australia [Update: Hopsin Says It Was A Joke] Dec 25, 2014 at 09:36am
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.
Most of us have seen an epic moment in rap battles. If it didn't come while watching Eminem's "8 Mile", maybe you've seen a local competition with some ill talent, or at least a strong YouTube video that made your drop your jaw.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Reality television shows became popular after the launch of MTV’s The Real World in 1992. Then came the wildly well liked Survivor and Big Brother, and from then on reality tv has been infiltrating our televisions sets.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
The history of rap and rock collaborations goes back to the year 1986 when Run DMC, considered one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all time, released their own version of the Aerosmith track “Walk This Way.” This song paved the way for hip-hop�
Over the past decade country singers have been wandering into the territories of hip-hop and rap music. Funny thing is, rappers don’t seem to mind, especially rappers like Nelly, Ludacris and T-Pain.
Redman Announces "Muddy Waters 2" EP & LP Releases [Update: Redman Confirms "Muddy Waters 2" & Announces "Blackout! 3"] Mar 18, 2014 at 06:45pm
Redman took to Twitter last night to announce the August release of Muddy Waters 2: The Preload EP, a teaser project to be followed by the release of the highly-anticipated Muddy Waters 2 in the fall. Red has apparently been working on the sequel intermitt
Valentine's Day can be rather annoying in reality, with roses, teddy bears, and cards being shoved in our faces.
Everyone is probably aware by now that Fool's Gold rapper Riff Raff has some eccentricities so to speak of. The rapper has "MTV", "BET" and other logos tattooed on his body and often wears his long hair braided, and that's just physical appearance.
The Grammys finally go down this weekend, on Sunday January 27th, so there's plenty of Grammy discussion going down these past few days both rap-related and not.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
"Real Rap Don't Sell" is the latest offering from Mayalino. His upcoming album Kilo Champ drops next year, and includes features from Pusha T, Scarface, N.O.R.E. and more. Stay tuned for another new joint on Friday. Quotable Lyrics
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter1,381 Views8 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album4,891 Views21 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"9,117 Views82 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings5,439 Views16 Comments
- Adidas Yeezy Boost Concept Headphones Unveiled3,352 Views0 Comments
- DJ Mustard Is Working On "Hard" New Material With Britney Spears7,472 Views29 Comments
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon24,003 Views88 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"15,281 Views52 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"18,403 Views31 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th14,485 Views29 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"9,120 Views28 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show11,109 Views24 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks6,169 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday11,847 Views35 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month12,304 Views46 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill Feat. Future "Jump Out The Face" Video12,655 Views
- Drake Previews "Energy" Video4,870 Views