Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hopsin Announces He's Quitting Rap & Moving To Australia [Update: Hopsin Says It Was A Joke] Dec 25, 2014 at 09:36am
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.
Most of us have seen an epic moment in rap battles. If it didn't come while watching Eminem's "8 Mile", maybe you've seen a local competition with some ill talent, or at least a strong YouTube video that made your drop your jaw.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Reality television shows became popular after the launch of MTV’s The Real World in 1992. Then came the wildly well liked Survivor and Big Brother, and from then on reality tv has been infiltrating our televisions sets.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
The history of rap and rock collaborations goes back to the year 1986 when Run DMC, considered one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all time, released their own version of the Aerosmith track “Walk This Way.” This song paved the way for hip-hop�
Over the past decade country singers have been wandering into the territories of hip-hop and rap music. Funny thing is, rappers don’t seem to mind, especially rappers like Nelly, Ludacris and T-Pain.
Redman Announces "Muddy Waters 2" EP & LP Releases [Update: Redman Confirms "Muddy Waters 2" & Announces "Blackout! 3"] Mar 18, 2014 at 06:45pm
Redman took to Twitter last night to announce the August release of Muddy Waters 2: The Preload EP, a teaser project to be followed by the release of the highly-anticipated Muddy Waters 2 in the fall. Red has apparently been working on the sequel intermitt
Valentine's Day can be rather annoying in reality, with roses, teddy bears, and cards being shoved in our faces.
Everyone is probably aware by now that Fool's Gold rapper Riff Raff has some eccentricities so to speak of. The rapper has "MTV", "BET" and other logos tattooed on his body and often wears his long hair braided, and that's just physical appearance.
The Grammys finally go down this weekend, on Sunday January 27th, so there's plenty of Grammy discussion going down these past few days both rap-related and not.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
"Real Rap Don't Sell" is the latest offering from Mayalino. His upcoming album Kilo Champ drops next year, and includes features from Pusha T, Scarface, N.O.R.E. and more. Stay tuned for another new joint on Friday. Quotable Lyrics
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth6,373 Views26 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 256,454 Views18 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault8,996 Views26 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 7,538 Views39 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram5,936 Views16 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"2,076 Views13 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight21,055 Views24 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"17,944 Views80 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather32,931 Views30 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date60,509 Views81 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now20,669 Views24 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"5,525 Views25 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"6,512 Views21 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party5,031 Views18 Comments
You may also like...
- Vursatyl "Bring It To A Halt" Video145 Views
- Sav Sire "SOHO" Video (Heatseekers)552 Views
- Dizzy Wright On Ebro In The Morning1,676 Views