Born and raised in Philly, DJ Drama has made a name for himself in the hip hop game over the years. While his career set sail after becoming the official DJ for T.I., he has played a crucial role in the onset of mixtapes in the rap world.
Hopsin Announces He's Quitting Rap & Moving To Australia [Update: Hopsin Says It Was A Joke] Dec 25, 2014 at 09:36am
We've seen Hopsin go on twitter rants concerning the music industry/rap game in the past, however he usually calms down and it's back to business as usual. His latest message to the fans isn't in rant-form and it sounds like he's for real.
Most of us have seen an epic moment in rap battles. If it didn't come while watching Eminem's "8 Mile", maybe you've seen a local competition with some ill talent, or at least a strong YouTube video that made your drop your jaw.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
Rappers from all over the United States are popping up, showing off their talents and making a name for themselves in their cities of choice. Whether it's Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles or Miami, there are young emcees repping each region.
Reality television shows became popular after the launch of MTV’s The Real World in 1992. Then came the wildly well liked Survivor and Big Brother, and from then on reality tv has been infiltrating our televisions sets.
There is no one answer for why some cities get so much love in the hip-hop industry while others producing loads of talent go unnoticed.
While emcees and rappers are mostly lauded for their lyrical capability, there’s something astonishing about having voice control, diversified delivery and for whatever reason, having a voice that stands out.
The history of rap and rock collaborations goes back to the year 1986 when Run DMC, considered one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all time, released their own version of the Aerosmith track “Walk This Way.” This song paved the way for hip-hop�
Over the past decade country singers have been wandering into the territories of hip-hop and rap music. Funny thing is, rappers don’t seem to mind, especially rappers like Nelly, Ludacris and T-Pain.
Redman Announces "Muddy Waters 2" EP & LP Releases [Update: Redman Confirms "Muddy Waters 2" & Announces "Blackout! 3"] Mar 18, 2014 at 06:45pm
Redman took to Twitter last night to announce the August release of Muddy Waters 2: The Preload EP, a teaser project to be followed by the release of the highly-anticipated Muddy Waters 2 in the fall. Red has apparently been working on the sequel intermitt
Valentine's Day can be rather annoying in reality, with roses, teddy bears, and cards being shoved in our faces.
Everyone is probably aware by now that Fool's Gold rapper Riff Raff has some eccentricities so to speak of. The rapper has "MTV", "BET" and other logos tattooed on his body and often wears his long hair braided, and that's just physical appearance.
The Grammys finally go down this weekend, on Sunday January 27th, so there's plenty of Grammy discussion going down these past few days both rap-related and not.
In a recent interview with Bulgarian urban media outlet 359HipHop, DMX discussed his legal troubles, Eminem's "Rap God" status, the evolution of the game and his aspiration to eventually become a pastor (not a priest).
"Real Rap Don't Sell" is the latest offering from Mayalino. His upcoming album Kilo Champ drops next year, and includes features from Pusha T, Scarface, N.O.R.E. and more. Stay tuned for another new joint on Friday. Quotable Lyrics
- Travis Scott Puts Fan-Shoving Security Guard In His Place4,492 Views68 Comments
- Scarface Arrested At BET Hip Hop Awards For Unpaid Child Support2,830 Views23 Comments
- Classic Rotation: AZ's 'Doe or Die'683 Views9 Comments
- Stream Jeezy's "Politically Correct EP"7,024 Views76 Comments
- Jeezy Is Dropping An EP Today8,775 Views59 Comments
- DJ Premier Announces Solo Album Featuring Nas, Dr. Dre & More5,659 Views27 Comments
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems20,388 Views88 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival10,925 Views30 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition7,246 Views21 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)5,977 Views14 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye38,699 Views106 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far23,871 Views136 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay34,315 Views143 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie5,795 Views43 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"45,498 Views186 Comments
You may also like...
- Roy Wood$ "Jealousy" Video3,545 Views