Kanye West's interviews are generally more eventful than that of your average artists, and Zane Lowe interviews are generally a little more eventful than that of your average radio host's, so together, you get a pretty magical combination.
HOT 97 has seen a few of it's iconic radio DJs and personalities leave to pursue other endeavors over the last year or so, starting with Angie Martinez, who set up shop at rival station Power 105, and most recently Cipha Sounds, who just signed a management de
Welp, Hot 97 just lost another one of their veteran radio personalities to a competing hip-hop/r'n'b station in New York.
Mister Cee has come dangerously close to resigning from HOT 97 in the past, with reports that he would do so shortly after allegations of his use of prostitutes came about last year.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
The competition between HOT 97 and Power 105 is real.
The Odd Future brand continues to expand into arenas both likely and unlikely. They've got an expansive merchandise line, their own TV show, and their own festival, among other things.
Angie Martinez's move from Hot 97 to station rival Power 105.1 was a bold move that came under fire from many of the radio personality's biggest fans. Now, her motives have been made all the more clear.
Angie Martinez Resigns From Hot 97 [Update: Angie's Move To Power 105.1 Confirmed] Jun 19, 2014 at 11:08am
Out of the blue (or at least it seems that way to us), Angie Martinez has announced her resignation from popular hip-hop radio station Hot 97.
Iggy Azalea is a divisive artist. So divisive, that one radio host was compelled to express his distaste for her record, after playing it on air. That DJ was Funkmaster Flex.
Weeks after Trinidad James bashed New York's radio stations for not playing enough local artists, Brooklyn rap veteran Talib Kweli decided to back James' comments and say the same thing.
Tim Westwood has been providing hip-hop to Great Britain through BBC Radio 1 for almost twenty years now. He's been key in introducing UK audiences to American hip-hop stars, with a long list of 'Tim Westwood Freestyles' under his belt.
If you've had a hard time escaping "Blurred Lines," you're not alone-- the numbers support it. This week Robin Thicke's Pharrell and T.I.-assisted smash broke the record for the highest radio audience of all time.
Nick Cannon is planning to get back to his multi-talented roots, with work on film, T.V., and an album. The T.V. work includes reviving his show "Wild N Out," but, in order to do so, Nick has to let go of his "Cannon's Countdown" radio show.
Rocko Clarifies That Rick Ross Is Still On "U.O.E.N.O," There Will Be Multiple Versions Apr 17, 2013 at 10:12am
The controversy surrounding Rocko's "U.O.E.N.O." seems to be subsiding, with Rick Ross getting dropped from Reebok and Rocko releasing a new remix to the song without the MMG Bawse.
Photos floated around the internet yesterday of radio personality DJ Whoo Kid being apprehended and put in handcuffs by police. Freshly out of jail, the always hilarious Whoo Kid, gave an interview on Sirius XM and
- Top Tracks: April 13 - April 191,937 Views3 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan "Hurt" By Young Thug's "Bitch Homie Quan" Comment17,164 Views64 Comments
- Kanye West: "I Am An Innovator," Not A Musician8,526 Views76 Comments
- 4/20 Playlist7,067 Views22 Comments
- araabMUZIK Announces New Album "Dream World"1,536 Views3 Comments
- Russell Westbrook's Air Jordan 'Westbrook 0' Officially Unveiled4,481 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Covers PAPER Magazine3,353 Views14 Comments
- Migos Denied Bail After Arrest At Georgia Southern University14,694 Views50 Comments
- Rappers Share Their Smoking Preferences For 4/2015,261 Views37 Comments
- Big Sean & Ariana Grande Have Reportedly Broken Up45,828 Views122 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Shares Tracklist & Release Date For "The Growing Process"5,666 Views15 Comments
- Stream Curren$y's "Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes"10,397 Views13 Comments
- 10 Things To Do On 4/2013,908 Views57 Comments
- Top-10 Marijuana Inspired Sneakers588 Views0 Comments
- Lil Durk Shares Artwork, Release Date For "Remember My Name"7,994 Views35 Comments