While hip hop album sales keep on dropping (along with sales numbers in every other genre), the genre that's the namesake for this site seems to be flourishing in the world of music streaming, according to Nielsen's 2014 report.
Kanye West's interviews are generally more eventful than that of your average artists, and Zane Lowe interviews are generally a little more eventful than that of your average radio host's, so together, you get a pretty magical combination.
HOT 97 has seen a few of it's iconic radio DJs and personalities leave to pursue other endeavors over the last year or so, starting with Angie Martinez, who set up shop at rival station Power 105, and most recently Cipha Sounds, who just signed a management de
Welp, Hot 97 just lost another one of their veteran radio personalities to a competing hip-hop/r'n'b station in New York.
Mister Cee has come dangerously close to resigning from HOT 97 in the past, with reports that he would do so shortly after allegations of his use of prostitutes came about last year.
Twice a year the DJ Service Pack let's us know what's really going on with hip-hop in every major hub by way of a detailed infographic.
The competition between HOT 97 and Power 105 is real.
The Odd Future brand continues to expand into arenas both likely and unlikely. They've got an expansive merchandise line, their own TV show, and their own festival, among other things.
Angie Martinez's move from Hot 97 to station rival Power 105.1 was a bold move that came under fire from many of the radio personality's biggest fans. Now, her motives have been made all the more clear.
Angie Martinez Resigns From Hot 97 [Update: Angie's Move To Power 105.1 Confirmed] Jun 19, 2014 at 11:08am
Out of the blue (or at least it seems that way to us), Angie Martinez has announced her resignation from popular hip-hop radio station Hot 97.
Iggy Azalea is a divisive artist. So divisive, that one radio host was compelled to express his distaste for her record, after playing it on air. That DJ was Funkmaster Flex.
Weeks after Trinidad James bashed New York's radio stations for not playing enough local artists, Brooklyn rap veteran Talib Kweli decided to back James' comments and say the same thing.
Tim Westwood has been providing hip-hop to Great Britain through BBC Radio 1 for almost twenty years now. He's been key in introducing UK audiences to American hip-hop stars, with a long list of 'Tim Westwood Freestyles' under his belt.
If you've had a hard time escaping "Blurred Lines," you're not alone-- the numbers support it. This week Robin Thicke's Pharrell and T.I.-assisted smash broke the record for the highest radio audience of all time.
Nick Cannon is planning to get back to his multi-talented roots, with work on film, T.V., and an album. The T.V. work includes reviving his show "Wild N Out," but, in order to do so, Nick has to let go of his "Cannon's Countdown" radio show.
Rocko Clarifies That Rick Ross Is Still On "U.O.E.N.O," There Will Be Multiple Versions Apr 17, 2013 at 10:12am
The controversy surrounding Rocko's "U.O.E.N.O." seems to be subsiding, with Rick Ross getting dropped from Reebok and Rocko releasing a new remix to the song without the MMG Bawse.
Photos floated around the internet yesterday of radio personality DJ Whoo Kid being apprehended and put in handcuffs by police. Freshly out of jail, the always hilarious Whoo Kid, gave an interview on Sirius XM and
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism3,622 Views23 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same16,644 Views57 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)3,301 Views4 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song10,540 Views37 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed2,550 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour12,090 Views56 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter8,143 Views44 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's19,269 Views49 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,409 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal10,096 Views17 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,321 Views2 Comments
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition4,939 Views4 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug15,313 Views74 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,326 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff13,591 Views118 Comments