Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
Macklemore stood in for Laura Stylez on Ebro in the Morning over at Hot 97 the other day, and during the lengthy sit down with Peter Rosenberg and Ebro, they got into a healthy discussion about race in America, white privilege when it comes to Macklemore's car
Game Responds To The Death Of Two Police Officers In Brooklyn, Criticizes "I Can Breathe" Shirts Dec 21, 2014 at 12:48pm
Just when you thought the racial tension in New York could not get any worse, two NYPD officers were shot and killed in Brooklyn yesterday.
Iggy Azalea Responds To Azealia Banks Emotional Interview On Hot 97 [Update: Anonymous Threatens Iggy] Dec 20, 2014 at 11:23am
Yesterday you may have seen the interview with Azealia Banks on Hot 97, where she got pretty emotional mid-way when discussing racism and the appropriation of black culture, particularly in relation to hip-hop.
We've seen a lot of artists speak out following the recent developments in both Eric Garner and Mike Brown's case, with both victims being killed at the hands of a police officer, but neither police officers receiving any sort of charge.
In a new interview with Pitchfork Magazine, Azealia Banks has revealed that she believes white performers--specifically females--performing in traditionally black genres is "corny" and "regurgitated."
Drake is the poster boy for VIBE's year-end Race Issue, his slightly menacing portrait framed by such tag lines as "Are You A Racist?", "Kevin Hart Has White Power", "Taming Rev. Al Sharpton" and "Ku Klux Klan In 2014".
Machine Gun Kelly Discusses Soundtracking "Mandela" Trailer & Miley Cyrus' VMA Performance Nov 16, 2013 at 12:08pm
Machine Gun Kelly wouldn't be the first person you'd expect to soundtrack the trailer of a Nelson Mandela biopic, so it came as a surprise when the instrumental for his track "Runnin'" showed up in the latest preview for the new film, "Mandela".
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow1,766 Views12 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid26,962 Views96 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"11,484 Views81 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them14,625 Views53 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 304,757 Views10 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week12,474 Views68 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy4,597 Views20 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"6,161 Views22 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences5,670 Views19 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates9,595 Views46 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon6,913 Views34 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs20,747 Views61 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever7,447 Views43 Comments
- Kanye West Is Willing To Help The Man Who Is Trying To Trade His Yeezys For A Kidney6,229 Views0 Comments