In August, the United Kingdom banned Tyler, the Creator from entering their borders for 3-5 years because his music “encourage violence and intolerance of homosexuality” and “foster hatred with views thats seek to provoke other
Since premiering in January, The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore has been angling to develop a young, hip-hop savvy audience by inviting such rappers as The Game, Joey Bada$$, Mac Miller, and Big KRIT to discuss political issues.
Jay Z Argues Hip Hop's Positive Impact On Race Relations For Oprah's "Master Class" Jan 5, 2015 at 03:22pm
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Jay Z has made a point of addressing race issues in his music, with his more recent work looking at black affluence, and the problems that persist through wealth and class.
Macklemore stood in for Laura Stylez on Ebro in the Morning over at Hot 97 the other day, and during the lengthy sit down with Peter Rosenberg and Ebro, they got into a healthy discussion about race in America, white privilege when it comes to Macklemore's car
Game Responds To The Death Of Two Police Officers In Brooklyn, Criticizes "I Can Breathe" Shirts Dec 21, 2014 at 12:48pm
Just when you thought the racial tension in New York could not get any worse, two NYPD officers were shot and killed in Brooklyn yesterday.
Iggy Azalea Responds To Azealia Banks Emotional Interview On Hot 97 [Update: Anonymous Threatens Iggy] Dec 20, 2014 at 11:23am
Yesterday you may have seen the interview with Azealia Banks on Hot 97, where she got pretty emotional mid-way when discussing racism and the appropriation of black culture, particularly in relation to hip-hop.
We've seen a lot of artists speak out following the recent developments in both Eric Garner and Mike Brown's case, with both victims being killed at the hands of a police officer, but neither police officers receiving any sort of charge.
In a new interview with Pitchfork Magazine, Azealia Banks has revealed that she believes white performers--specifically females--performing in traditionally black genres is "corny" and "regurgitated."
Drake is the poster boy for VIBE's year-end Race Issue, his slightly menacing portrait framed by such tag lines as "Are You A Racist?", "Kevin Hart Has White Power", "Taming Rev. Al Sharpton" and "Ku Klux Klan In 2014".
Machine Gun Kelly Discusses Soundtracking "Mandela" Trailer & Miley Cyrus' VMA Performance Nov 16, 2013 at 12:08pm
Machine Gun Kelly wouldn't be the first person you'd expect to soundtrack the trailer of a Nelson Mandela biopic, so it came as a surprise when the instrumental for his track "Runnin'" showed up in the latest preview for the new film, "Mandela".
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season86 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans634 Views5 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald5,418 Views37 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"16,355 Views66 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4015,031 Views65 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot8,458 Views33 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn"12,756 Views70 Comments
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection3,821 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"9,595 Views39 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 3,851 Views28 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine7,485 Views46 Comments
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Are Nominated For TIME Person Of The Year17,055 Views185 Comments
- Adele's Album "25" Went Double Platinum In Three Days26,302 Views252 Comments
- A Complete Guide To This Weekend's Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sneaker Releases2,544 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Announces New Release Date For “Royalty”26,676 Views74 Comments
- Rome Fortune "Dance" Video663 Views