Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
It looks like the original Bad Boy is getting back to his first love, production.
Any details we can get on Kendrick Lamar's new album are welcome, as it is being kept tightly under wraps. Today we get word that Pete Rock made a contribution to the LP, which is as of yet untitled.
Nicki Minaj Calls Out Eric Bellinger For Claiming To Handle Production On "Anaconda" Jul 29, 2014 at 01:30pm
Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" continues to serve up headlines and news-worthy articles. After getting a glimpse at the unaltered version of the single artwork this morning, Nicki took to Twitter to clarify who actually handled the production on "Anaconda."
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
50 Cent Reveals New Single Off "Animal Ambition" Has Dr. Dre Production [Update: Track To Feature Trey Songz] Feb 24, 2014 at 10:34pm
50 Cent is back on track with the release of new music, and specifically, the release of his forthcoming album Animal Ambition.
Suge Knight Says Daz Dillinger Ghost-Produced Most Of "Doggystyle" For Dr. Dre Nov 26, 2013 at 02:15pm
It's no secret that Dr. Dre has had some help with his production in the past. Scott Storch, Mel-Man, and Colin Wolfe are a few of those at least partially responsible for some of the rapper/producer's biggest tracks.
Rick Rubin Speaks On Producing "Love Game," Says It's "Supposed To Sound A Little Wrong" Nov 8, 2013 at 03:27pm
One of the most anticipated tracks off Eminem's MMLPII was the Kendrick Lamar collaboration titled "Love Game." When the album leaked, and thus the track as well, fans were surprised at the concept record, which was in no way a scathing hip-hop record that we
Pharrell is always a man with several things on his plate at once-- whether it's producing music, hosting the ARTST TLK for his I am OTHER channel, or, most recently, curating for eBay's "Follow It Find It" campaign.
OLD is Detroit emcee Danny Brown's third studio project, released on October 8th via Fool's Gold Records. The audience rating on our review of the album stands at 85%, and we feel it's one of the better offerings of 2013, both sonically and lyrically.
While Ca$his has departed from Shady records to form his own label, the rapper still keeps what he calls a "familial" relationship with Eminem.
Now that his solo effort, Stay Trippy, is behind him, Juicy J can now concentrate on other work. The Tennessee rapper/producer revealed that he will be assisting in a number of upcoming projects, including one being his own Taylor Gang boss Wiz Khalifa.
Seventeen years after his untimely death, Tupac Shakur will be resurrected onto the big screen in a new biopic.
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal11,767 Views45 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"5,504 Views17 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"19,494 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,507 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date43,941 Views192 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,677 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test4,254 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"4,869 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness10,716 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed9,810 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party10,344 Views43 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,907 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"5,865 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs9,413 Views27 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,520 Views14 Comments
You may also like...