There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
Producers are generally the ones responsible for hot sound and trends, but they are often outshone by the more visible artists in front of them.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
At the beginning of November we did a list that comprised of 9 Creative Rappers You Should Know About. Today we're following up that list with 7 Creative Producers You Should Know About.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
2013 was dominated by emerging producers. Mike WiLL Made It and DJ Mustard, who seemed like newcomers at the top of the year, ended things off with major label artist deals, hits with some of the biggest artists in the game.
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
One of the hottest producers out right now, Mike WiLL Made It has produced beats for some major names like French Montana, and of course Juicy J, and even had a cut on Rihanna’s latest album. Now, just shortly after dropping his last
J. Cole has a come a long way since his debut mixtape projects and signing with Roc Nation.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
When it comes to establishing yourself as a superstar hip hop producer, branding is everything. Unlike the MCs and vocalists these people work with, gaining exposure can prove a much more difficult task when most of your work remains behind the scenes.
He may have never went away, but Juicy J has been experiencing a resurgence of sorts with handling some producing of big tracks and releasing his own.
Someone once remarked that Chicago and Atlanta had replaced New York City and Los Angeles as the capitals of modern rap music. As blasphemous as that claim might seem, it’s 100% true in 2014.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
As anyone who dabbles in beats knows, stealing tracks and not crediting the producers who made them has become a real problem in Hip Hop. Actually, as !llmind states, it's always been a problem.
Kevin Gates doesn't seem to do much talking, but he doesn't really need to when his music says it all. Kevin Gates is a rapper who comes from the streets of Baton Rouge, Lousiana, and chose to focus on his rap life instead of the streets.
Joe Budden released his fifth studio album recently, No Love Lost. No Love Lost found Joe openly speaking about his struggles and the lessons he's learned from them, all with brutal honesty.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
Tha Joker has been steadily grinding alongside producer, Big Fruit, for some time now. The two southerners first linked up in 2006, when Joker joined Big Fruit's independent label.
Waka Flocka burst onto the scene with his punishing debut album Flockaveli back in 2010, but his follow up Triple F Life was a decidedly less abrasive.
After previewing multiple songs off his forthcoming album X in the summer, Chris Brown has since remained relatively silent about the LP. We haven't received a full single from the singer since he dropped the Nicki Minaj-featured "Love More."
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"3,440 Views33 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"2,167 Views13 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight57,467 Views180 Comments
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 2412,179 Views6 Comments
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers26,310 Views133 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church6,604 Views28 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms6,534 Views16 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow25,443 Views62 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City15,838 Views35 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds28,743 Views77 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support16,851 Views65 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show28,101 Views52 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"7,544 Views14 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed48,463 Views118 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer8,148 Views9 Comments