Travi$ Scott Enlists Kanye West, Metro Boomin & More For Production On "Rodeo" Jun 3, 2015 at 12:30pm
Travi$ Scott is still working on his debut studio album, Rodeo, after announcing the project this past January. The rapper initially teased a March release, but hasn't revealed too many details since then.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
When it comes to establishing yourself as a superstar hip hop producer, branding is everything. Unlike the MCs and vocalists these people work with, gaining exposure can prove a much more difficult task when most of your work remains behind the scenes.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
Someone once remarked that Chicago and Atlanta had replaced New York City and Los Angeles as the capitals of modern rap music. As blasphemous as that claim might seem, it’s 100% true in 2014.
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
Following up last week's Top 10 of rappers who were bodied on their own shit, we're moving on to Yeezy's production. Expect a new Top 10 list each Monday going forward, and if there's a subject you want us to tackle shout it out in the comments.
The art of sampling is no easy feat. It takes a keen ear to hear what a track develop into from a borrowed sample. Any track can contain a number of useful elements for the producer to tackle.
As anyone who dabbles in beats knows, stealing tracks and not crediting the producers who made them has become a real problem in Hip Hop. Actually, as !llmind states, it's always been a problem.
2013 was dominated by emerging producers. Mike WiLL Made It and DJ Mustard, who seemed like newcomers at the top of the year, ended things off with major label artist deals, hits with some of the biggest artists in the game.
We know that The Weeknd is not considered hip hop, but you can't escape Kiss Land as a great production piece. The Weeknd is known to be one of the new faces of R&B and Drake's go-to guy for an R&B feature.
After previewing multiple songs off his forthcoming album X in the summer, Chris Brown has since remained relatively silent about the LP. We haven't received a full single from the singer since he dropped the Nicki Minaj-featured "Love More."
There are some tracks you can listen to on repeat, for days on end, and you'll never get tired of hearing it. A track as a whole has many elements that come into play which gives it that timeless feel, including the rapper, the lyrics and the production.
Kevin Gates doesn't seem to do much talking, but he doesn't really need to when his music says it all. Kevin Gates is a rapper who comes from the streets of Baton Rouge, Lousiana, and chose to focus on his rap life instead of the streets.
Priority Records Re-Launching, Harry Fraud Signs With The Label [Update: Harry Fraud Clarifies Deal] Jul 23, 2013 at 12:50pm
With help from the internet there's been a surge of rappers popping up, so it's a great time for labels to form, or re-form, as the case may be.
He may have never went away, but Juicy J has been experiencing a resurgence of sorts with handling some producing of big tracks and releasing his own.
Waka Flocka burst onto the scene with his punishing debut album Flockaveli back in 2010, but his follow up Triple F Life was a decidedly less abrasive.
Producers are generally the ones responsible for hot sound and trends, but they are often outshone by the more visible artists in front of them.
Partial List Of Features & Producers Revealed For Kanye West's "Yeezus" Album? [Update: Tentative Tracklist Revealed?] [Update 2: Tracklist Confirmed] Jun 13, 2013 at 11:20pm
As observed by HipHop-N-More, it seems a partial list of features and producers on Kanye West's upcoming Yeezus album has been inadvertently leaked by Australian retailers.
Talking To King Los With Producers J. Oliver & Flight Sch. On "Becoming King" Mar 27, 2013 at 11:39am
King Los has released mixtape after mixtape, documenting his journey to 'Becoming King,' as he calls it, and increasing his fan-base with the release of each project.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th2,623 Views11 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"1,575 Views10 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show3,091 Views12 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks2,975 Views1 Comment
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday4,656 Views23 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month5,764 Views35 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show13,395 Views27 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today5,305 Views11 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj53,828 Views222 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal130,953 Views768 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"73,665 Views144 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"61,487 Views82 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,104 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,874 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"46,584 Views166 Comments