It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Vinylz Talks About Creation Of J. Cole's "Tale Of 2 Citiez" & Big Sean's "Blessings" Feb 5, 2015 at 12:25 PM
Vinylz already had a pretty big 2014, but he's setting himself up to have an even bigger 2015. You probably saw the name Vinylz in 2014, or at least you might recognize it, but you probably aren't super familiar with who he is a producer.
As reported by Complex, it seems producer Araabmuzik was shot after several unidentified men attempted to rob him in his native Rhode Island. Fortunately, his wounds aren't fatal, and the talented young musician is recovering in hospital as we speak.
You may not recognize the name Evian Christ, although you probably should as he's a producer signed to G.O.O.D. music and part of Ye's Very G.O.O.D. Beats production team.
Seems like Young Money/Cash Money get lawsuits thrown at them every other day. Earlier this summer YM faced a lawsuit over their domain name. The latest one is targeting Lil Wayne and his 2011 record "Mirrors", which appeared on his Carter IV album.
Beyonce has released multiple tracks recently, from "Bow Down / I Been On," to "Grown Woman," to "Standing In The Sun," however, none of these tracks have been labeled or marketed as singles.
Alleged Childhood Friend Of DJ Mustard Sues Him Over Lack Of Producer Credit Dec 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Once you start getting a bit of a success and fame, the lawsuits start piling in. DJ Mustard is starting to reach that stage in his career, with a new lawsuit claiming he ripped off ideas from a friend by the name of Mike Free.
Although Nipsey Hussle has yet to release a debut album, the West Coast native keeps his fans locked with a steady flow of strong mixtapes.
The drought of music from the A$AP Mob family came to end recently when A$AP Rocky put out a new single "Multiply." With the visual treatment for the song, we were granted a sneak peek at what is presumably his next single, "Pretty Flacko 2." Given how much
50 Cent has some experience in film and television at this point. From his acting debut in Get Rich Or Die Tryin', to his executive production on new Starz crime drama, Power, Fif is finding his way into the film industry.
We heard Juicy J collaborate with the late Pimp C on his "Show Out" remix this year, and now the rapper took to Twitter to announce he has more things in the works with Pimp C.
50 Cent To Executive Produce Starz TV Show "Power" [Update: "Power" Series In Production For Starz] Jun 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM
50 Cent will be the executive producer on the upcoming Starz television series "Power."
Trinidad James Announces New Mixtape "10 Piece Mild" [Update: Cover Art Revealed] Aug 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Trinidad James' debut mixtape Don't Be S.A.F.E produced the Atlanta rapper's huge break-out single "All Gold Everything," which led to a record deal with Def Jam.
It's been a long road for Timbaland's new album. After announcing a name-change from Textbook Timbo to Opera Noir in May, we haven't received any more updates on the album process.
While Rihanna took 2013 off from releasing an album, it’s very unlikely that will be the case in 2014.
Last night we highlighted one cut off Young Chop's new album Still, the Ty Dolla $ign and Cap 1-featured "Ain't Fuckin With Her." If that record peaked your interest as to what else Chop has in store, we've got you covered as Spotify has released an official
Tech N9ne has been doing music since the '90s, and along the way he's picked up a fan or two (or a lot more). However, the rapper still isn't satisified, and he continues to grind to reach those people who have yet to call themselves Tech N9ne fans.
James Prudhomme, who produces as Suicideyear, is only 18, though his virtuosity might suggest otherwise. He's a guy who isn’t afraid to let his youth (not inexperience) shine through. He lets his muddled teenage emotions pour into his work.
Producer Flying Lotus is awaiting his album's release next week, but before then, he's giving fans a preview of what to expect with a live album stream.
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks2,142 Views16 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks2,354 Views3 Comments
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"9,190 Views30 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown19,653 Views36 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts16,242 Views35 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son9,813 Views16 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.14,893 Views33 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"24,272 Views111 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,557 Views8 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 879 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery7,005 Views28 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,668 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue9,142 Views21 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 15,392 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way20,835 Views89 Comments
You may also like...