Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Pleads Guilty For Attempting To Smuggle "Sharpened Object" Into Prison Jun 28, 2015 at 03:26pm
While we recently learned that Bobby Shmurda was re-arrested while in custody for possession of a "sharpened metal object," we were short on details of the charges.
Bobby Shmurda has been appropriately quiet on the new music front since his lock-up. Being a relatively new rapper at the time he was pinched, it's understandable that he doesn't have hoards of unreleased music in the stash a la Gucci Mane.
Slim the Mobster was once a promising protege of Dr. Dre, before the rapper's career was halted by a jail stint. Shortly after the rapper began working on his War Music follow-up, S.O.O.N.
Since being arrested in September 2013, Gucci Mane has been spending his time behind bars. While he's managed to release hundreds of songs from his large cache while incarcerated, he's yet to partake in an interview.
Revolt TV recently hopped on a call with the locked up rapper Max B, and the rapper decided to spit a freestyle over the phone. He's obviously got some melodies floating around in his head, as he creates his own hook and raps a verse too.
Bobby Shmurda's career has been put on hold while he remains locked up and deals with his legal drama. News has been circulating that Shmurda was moved to Protective Custody inside, which Shmurda confirmed on a phone call to Hot 97.
Gucci Mane may be locked up, but it sure feels like he's in the studio every day, as he's constantly dropping new singles and he's got a slew of albums lined up.
Lil Boosie took an admirable stance against the glorification of his prison time earlier this week, claiming that imprisonment should never be used as marketing material.
Chris Brown's new album X is currently in stores, and now that the singer is out of jail, he's been getting back into the usual artist routine, which includes things like interviews.
Chris Brown Covers Billboard Magazine [Update: Chris Brown Speaks On Prison, Assault Case] Sep 5, 2014 at 02:20pm
With Chris Brown set to release his new album X on September 16th, the oft-troubled R&B star has popped up on the cover of Billboard Magazine's latest issue. Check out the cover above, and read an excerpt from his interview below.
Remy Ma has quickly immersed herself back into the rap game since her prison release the other month, and thus we've seen Remy Ma stop by basically every notable hip-hop media outlet.
Remy Ma is getting right back into the swing of things since being released from jail a week and a half ago. The lady has already hopped on DJ Khaled's "They Don't Love You No More" remix, and Khaled has expressed an interest in signing her.
Remy Ma Confirms She's Been Released From Prison [Update: Remy Ma Spotted In The Studio With DJ Khaled] Aug 2, 2014 at 12:13pm
While it was initially reported that Remy Ma had been released from prison yesterday, contradictory reports rolled in shortly thereafter.
If you can't get enough of Chris Brown's law-breaking antics, you're in luck. According to a report by TMZ, BET is currently in the process of developing a reality TV series for the R&B star.
Over the weekend, Chuck D of Public Enemy took to Twitter to share a personal letter he received from Tupac while the rapper was locked up. Along with tweeting the image, the OG wrote, "Letter from PAC but you should've seen mine."
Chris Brown has been going through the ringer lately, with highly publicized hearings and court dates, a recent four month sentence for a probation violation, and even more recently, a lawsuit for surrounding (yet another) assault.
Chris Brown Will Be In Jail Until June, If Not Longer [Update: Date Set For Brown's Probation Violation Hearing] May 1, 2014 at 06:22pm
Looks like Chris Brown won't be getting out of jail just yet. The singer, who's been locked up since being booted from rehab last month was meant to go to trial this week, but things have been postponed until June.
Ja Rule has been busy these days, not so much working on music but working on a book. He's been writing the book since his time in prison, and now that the man is free, he's getting ready to release the book on July 1st.
Just the other day we found out that Flava Flav is taking a plea deal in his domestic violence case, and now it looks like another rapper may be following suit (although these cases are completely unrelated).
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"1 View0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th8,692 Views21 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"5,979 Views22 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show7,193 Views18 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks4,561 Views2 Comments
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday7,672 Views29 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month9,058 Views38 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show20,154 Views31 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today6,784 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj63,684 Views240 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal144,283 Views823 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"77,084 Views145 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"65,248 Views84 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,245 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"3,002 Views9 Comments