Music Industry Execs Vote Rap As Most Despised Genre, Give Tidal A Year At Best Aug 26, 2015 at 03:06pm
Billboard sent out a poll to 50 or so of the top music industry execs earlier this year, and they've now begun to roll out the results.
It’s always a joyous occasion when Chris Brown and Tyga link up. The two party boys aren't here to strain your mind necessarily, rather, they're here to ensure you have a good time with easy-listening, pop-leaning music.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"3,405 Views38 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them8,538 Views35 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 303,121 Views8 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week9,341 Views56 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy3,417 Views18 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"4,608 Views19 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences4,485 Views18 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates7,592 Views36 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon5,359 Views27 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs16,762 Views53 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever5,967 Views37 Comments
- Kanye West Is Willing To Help The Man Who Is Trying To Trade His Yeezys For A Kidney5,400 Views0 Comments
- Watch Performances From The Weeknd, A$AP Rocky & More At The 2015 MTV VMAs3,399 Views6 Comments
- Jeezy Announces New Album Coming In November4,107 Views16 Comments
You may also like...