The Weeknd's debut major label release has already been certified gold, since being released on November 13th, 2012. The young Toronto r'n'b singer saw early success with his mixtape series, and soon turned the tapes into a whole project released as Trilogy.
You may remember when Kendrick was preemptively awarded a platinum plaque for good kid, m.A.A.d city back in June. At that point one million copies of the album had been shipped, but it was not until this week that the record's sales finally hit 7 figures.
Many of 2014's biggest hits seem to tangentially related to hip-hop -- not quite full-blown RAP music -- but definitely in the same neighborhood.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” Goes Platinum [Update: "Thrift Shop" Hits Double Platinum] Jan 31, 2013 at 03:46pm
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" is now a certified platinum record, having sold approximately 1.1 million copies to date, sitting at No. 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. The video for the single currently has 42,582,973 views on YouTube.
Slowly but surely, Yeezus has become Kanye West's 6th platinum album (7th including Watch The Throne). The RIAA announced today that 1,000,000 units of the divisive album had been shipped out.
Back in October, many industry insiders were surprised by the early sales estimates for T.I.'s most recent album, Paperwork. After a day of sales, forecasts had the album selling roughly 70,000 units in its opening week.
Its good to be YG right about now. Having recently launched his single "My Nigga" to phenomenal success and, as of now, platinum success, the song serves as a lead single from his upcoming album "My Krazy Life", which should drop this March.
Over the weekend Beyoncé shared the fun and DIY music video for one of her new records off the re-release of her self-titled album, "7/11," and today we've got the full album to stream via Spotify.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
In this brief interview with DJ Skee, Rick Ross discusses his new album Mastermind, his favorite track from the project, his work with Puff Daddy and his aspirations for the future, which include his desire to put out a Platinum-selling record.
After rumors of a possible new Beyonce album circulated over the weekend, the singer has confirmed a limited edition box set for her self-titled Beyonce album.
Rich Homie Quan is about to have a busy summer, as he joins Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign and all their stoner friends on the "Under The Influence Tour." Before the tour kicked off, Rich's friends and family threw him a little surprise sending off, which was capt
Justin Timberlake's winning streak continues. The artist's comeback proved to be a very fruitful one, after selling aroud 980k copies of his album opening week, The 20/20 Experience went platinum quickly after.
// In just over a month, Drake's album, Nothing Was The Same has achieved Platinum status. Drizzy's 3rd retail effort moved 38,274 copies this week, which has pushed it over the 1 million mark.
Drake's "Take Care" Goes Double Platinum, "Started From The Bottom" Goes Platinum Apr 10, 2013 at 11:57am
Drake saw quite a bit of success this past week, with both the rapper's new ish and old achieving new heights sale-wise. HHNM reports that Drizzy's sophomore album, Take Care, went double platinum, hitting the 2 million mark in sales.
TDE & Interscope Present Kendrick Lamar With Platinum Plaque For "good kid, m.A.A.d City" Jun 30, 2013 at 05:25pm
The annual BET Experience Music Festival took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last night, and included performances from Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Miguel and more.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis "Can't Hold Us" Hits Platinum [Update: Song Hits No. 1, Makes Billboard History] May 8, 2013 at 02:12pm
After the success of their last single "Thrift Shop", Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have added another platinum hit under their belt. The duo's recent single, "Can't Hold Us", has officially hit platinum.
As reported by Complex, Future has confirmed via Twitter that he, Lil' Wayne and Drake's huge "Love Me" single has been certified platinum, having sold more than a million individual units to date. The same can't be said of Wayne's I Am Not A Human Bein
Justin Timberlake's second The 20/20 Experience hasn't been doing as well as the first-- but that's not saying much, considering the first basically went platinum in a week.
Mac Miller's "Donald Trump" has had its fair share of trouble. First, the song's namesake, Donald Trump, seemed pleased with the track, and praised Mac for it, then he switched up his tone completely and wanted to sue Mac over it.
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"434 Views3 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight33,104 Views161 Comments
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 248,027 Views4 Comments
- This ASAP Mob T-Shirt Is Pissing Off Memorial Day Shoppers21,063 Views130 Comments
- Gucci Mane Photo Exhibition To Take Place In Atlanta Church5,259 Views28 Comments
- Vine Killed The Radio Star: Examining The Platform's Creation Of Rap Phenoms5,444 Views16 Comments
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow22,441 Views61 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City14,269 Views35 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds26,021 Views76 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support15,567 Views63 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show25,394 Views52 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"6,587 Views14 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed43,991 Views118 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer7,458 Views9 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark15,949 Views39 Comments